Author Topic: Walker Downriggers  (Read 635 times)

Offline JoeGG

• Team IceShanty Addict
Walker Downriggers
« on: Mar 19, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Does anyone know anything about these or does anyone have one. If so, how are they in comparison to Cannon/ Big Jon electrics?

Offline green shack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Walker Downriggers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2017, 12:01 PM »
I have a one Walker and 4 Cannon all manual and 30 years old the Walker is a nice downrigger, it is a portable that can be attached to a transom or gunnel.  I like the line counter set up on it better than the Cannons.  I also like Walker releases for fishing in all water types.  I don't know about the electrics, my brother has all Cannons.

Offline Jacktrapfever36

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:27 PM »
I have 2 Walker downriggers, I love them, very easy to use and have held up nice over 4 seasons

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2017, 02:38 PM »
I have a walker portable, that you can clamp on , and a couple cannons. The walker is a nice unit I usually use a 6lb ball with it, the cannon easy troll, i can use up to 10 lb balls

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19, 2017, 03:39 PM »
Over the years I've used walkers , cannon , and proos now (sovereign ) which all worked nicely with no complaints, far as releases have used walkers (LR) and roemers (Xl-7)with  no problems

Offline NH_RED

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20, 2017, 05:49 AM »
That's what my dad got on his new boat, didn't like them and got new Scotty's. I used them both and the Scotty's are much better. The cheesy spring setup on the Walker that runs the depth meter not so good. You can probably pick then up cheap if you take him fishing ;D

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2017, 06:48 AM »
I had two electric walkers and liked them but then I found the Cannon Digitrol IVs. No comparison but I think other than the Digitrol IVs They probably are on the same level as the rest.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.