Author Topic: Mounting Electronics on ATV  (Read 3823 times)

Offline WTN4ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
Mounting Electronics on ATV
« on: Mar 19, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Just bought a 2016 Sportsman 570 and am looking for ideas on mounting some sort of GPS. Would like a windshield so something mounted to the handlebars. All this has to be is GPS but bigger than my old H2O 5-7 in screen would be fine. Want to mount the auger on the front not sure what to do with the rear but have lots of time before next season. Any pics of what you have and how its mounted appreciated. I'm looking for this to become my primary ice fishing machine along with my old 97 Indy Trail best of both worlds depending on conditions.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: Mounting Electronics on ATV
« Reply #1 on: Mar 22, 2017, 06:49 PM »

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2017, 01:55 PM »
Just bought a 2016 Sportsman 570 and am looking for ideas on mounting some sort of GPS. Would like a windshield so something mounted to the handlebars. All this has to be is GPS but bigger than my old H2O 5-7 in screen would be fine. Want to mount the auger on the front not sure what to do with the rear but have lots of time before next season. Any pics of what you have and how its mounted appreciated. I'm looking for this to become my primary ice fishing machine along with my old 97 Indy Trail best of both worlds depending on conditions.

I have a 570 with the Polaris windshield and after I mounted the winch controls on the left hand bar, there wasn't enough handlebar area to mount a GPS to. It's pretty tight. I'm looking for a suction cup RAM mount for a Garmin 650T I can stick to my gas tank.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Go onto the ram mount website. An incredible amount of mounting options for a quad. I bought a hook 4 head unit from a friend for the gps and maps. Way easier to see than the handheld.

Offline WTN4ICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2017, 09:09 PM »
I'm getting a HDS 5 from a friend who is upgrading his boat this will become my gps on the wheeler. Any pics of one on a wheeler ?

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2017, 08:39 PM »
I mounted my Helix 7 up front using the gimbal it came with on a alluminum bracket i made to hold it. On the front i use the digger auger mount on a bracket i made utilizing the lock and ride for quick release. On the rear i also use the lock and ride with a aluminum 3 bucket carrier with rod holders. Works great and keeps me mobile.

Offline Rockfish24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 07, 2017, 04:53 PM »
I use RAM Mounts for my ATV and snowmobile.  The retailer near me only had the 1.5" ball for the u-bolt handle bar mount in stock otherwise I would have went with the 2.25" for my HDS8 but I haven't had any issues.  I can pop it off in seconds and use it on either machine. 

Flare windshield.
Digger Auger Carrier
Otter Medium size ATV Box on the rear.

Hope this helps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.