Author Topic: Anybody ever have this happen Vexilar tri beam  (Read 374 times)

Offline Wingthing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JustJigIt
Anybody ever have this happen Vexilar tri beam
« on: Mar 15, 2017, 04:04 AM »
So I bought a tri-beam ducer this year for FL-18. I had read a number of things on the tri-beam & what to look for when receiving it i.e. puck sealed well which I thought was an issue of the past.
Upon receiving it I thought it was a little sloppy around the bottom of the puck meaning glue bubbled out where black shell meets the red ducer. I didn't think it was a big deal though. When using it I found I got a lot more interference Vs my Pro ducer when fishing alone or with somebody that was using a Vex.
Then one night after fishing all day I packed up my flip ( I'm very particular about my storage & careful) I smelled something burning like plastic. I immediately thought my Buddy was burning my flip although I was positive I had cooled it down plenty. I ran my hand along my buddy front & top & it was cool. Upon further inspection I noticed the wire from the tri beam switch box to the vex was cut in half, I keep a soft cooler between the heater & my Vex & both are strapped in place with their own small bungee cords. I'm totally lost on how this happened. The head of the vex was facing up but I don't think to the point where it would've stretched the cable that much. I have contacted Vexilar through email & got nothing back in fairness I haven't called them yet. Just wondering if anybody has ever had this happen to them before.
Thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.