The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Farewell fellow iceheads  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
Farewell fellow iceheads
« on: Mar 08, 2017, 09:06 PM »
Well fellas I know it's only march 8th but it's time for me 2 hang up the ice fishing gear and start getting out the boat and soft water gear and start chasing pre spawn walleye and smallmouth. Hope everybody enjoys the rest of your time on the ice. See everybody first ice next year and maybe a little on the sister site myfishfinder. Although it is for sure not the same enthusiasm over there as on here. Tight lines and stay safe.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Farewell fellow iceheads
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2017, 09:16 PM »
Hung it up last week, catching up on severely neglected honey do's and doing a little boat prep. Ready for open water!

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2017, 11:49 PM »
Take care & have a good soft water season Stripp.....Maybe you'll make it out to the Big Hole this year !!  :unsure:

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2017, 01:24 AM »
peace out rainbow trout;)

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:44 AM »
It's always nice to take some time in between seasons to get put away, get set up, and get caught up! Take care fellas... until we meet again!  :tipup:

Offline Strippnthedream

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep ur knots tight and ur lines tighter!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2017, 08:57 AM »
It's always nice to take some time in between seasons to get put away, get set up, and get caught up! Take care fellas... until we meet again!  :tipup:

Sh$$ you'll be ice fishing till may this year. I would like 2 get into some mountain lakes for some tiger or golden trout. High high mountain lakes. But that won't happen. I love chasing the big green females.
Luv2strip

So good with my rod I make fish come!

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2017, 09:11 AM »
I refuse to quit until the bitter end, at which point, I'll be armed with my fly-rod to hit ice-off trout. Here in the northwest, there are simply too many salmon left to catch through the ice to even be contemplating my canoe and driftboat yet!

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2017, 09:41 AM »
Sh$$ you'll be ice fishing till may this year. I would like 2 get into some mountain lakes for some tiger or golden trout. High high mountain lakes. But that won't happen. I love chasing the big green females.

Yeah my seasons always seem to overlap... After b-ball is over the boys want to get out as much as possible, we'll see how long this ice lasts. Lots right now! Visit when it warms up... There are goldens in Blue Danube and its a nice hike. Good luck with the greenbacks!!

Offline hoofer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2017, 10:33 AM »
yup drilling holes to fish is over.KRTV seven day forecast for great falls 60 degrees mid week next week it is time to think of spring things. to all good fortune.look out river fish here i come.
fish till it hurts then fish some more

Offline gf hardwater guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2017, 01:04 PM »
I too have called it a season, even though it feels like winter out there again today. Going to start getting ready for open water. By the way, if any of you reading this are interested in buying a reasonably priced  1997 19' Lund fishing boat with all of the extra's shoot me a PM. I will get back with you with more details. Helping a buddy out with this one.

Offline Rainman935

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2017, 01:46 PM »
I'll fish the ice in till it's unsafe to do so. I don't have a boat (yet) to prepare. I'm gonna give em hell till mother nature kicks me off the ice. What forum does everyone go to during summer? Would still love to share info and reports with everyone after the ice is gone.

Offline gf hardwater guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 09, 2017, 02:27 PM »
Rainman, are you looking to purchase a boat? If so, pm me.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #12 on: Mar 09, 2017, 05:20 PM »
What forum does everyone go to during summer?

http://www.myfishfinder.com/

It's like the dead sea over there. A lot of people just stick around here yearlong !!

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #13 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:30 PM »

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:34 PM »
Not sure if you fly fish or not MFish, but if you don't, disregard the following question.  Have the skwala made their appearance around Missoula yet? A good day of skwala fishing might cure the post-ice depression!

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #15 on: Mar 09, 2017, 07:46 PM »
i hear lots pf mummblings about it but I dont think they have been confirmed yet lol. Its gotta be getting close. Probably even closer if it would ever quit snowing. Even better than Skwallas is steelhead two hours away:)

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 09, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Oh for sure. Do you use a spinning set up or a spey rod?

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #17 on: Mar 09, 2017, 08:02 PM »
casting outfit. Would love to through a spey rig at them though.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Mar 09, 2017, 08:20 PM »
sad to see ice go..but there will be ice around for awhile as one gains elevation and such...looking forward to getting my kayak into tight spanning beds for bucket mouths as the season change..and the overnite trips.. hitting smallies and big pike...one season ends..but a window opens for another...BUT..still looking forward to a few 50 degree sunny days on the ice before april...my favorite ice fishing..t shirt sunny 50 degree late april days...all the best to the ice shanty community...be real..be fair..be true to yourself...and get out there...12 months a year..and 24/7...mic drop..

Offline Rat Fink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 10, 2017, 04:43 PM »
i hear lots pf mummblings about it but I dont think they have been confirmed yet lol. Its gotta be getting close. Probably even closer if it would ever quit snowing. Even better than Skwallas is steelhead two hours away:)

I was over steelheading the last 2 weekends. But looks like the season is over with the nasty flows predicted for the next 10 days. I hooked a TON of fish in the hole where we met the one and only time about 7 or 8 years ago. Fishing was good and I met my primary goal of getting a bunch of Springer bait for Riggins.

Online missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #20 on: Mar 10, 2017, 07:49 PM »
i see one forecast says flows over 4K and another forecasts over 10!! quite a wide range. I JUST checked and i see it jumped over 4k today BUT i see guys are catching fish at MNT IDAHO bridge today though even though they probably are all coming backwards up there lol.

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2017, 11:42 AM »
Everyone,
It's been another great year, great fort peck trip, great kids ice fishing clinic,
Many new friends.
Take Care, until next year.
FP1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.