The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: O/T Glad my shack is home!  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Why work when you can fish?
O/T Glad my shack is home!
« on: Mar 08, 2017, 07:32 PM »
Had a bad mishap yesterday morning!!! I was loading a 250 pound truck tire in my pickup when I slipped on ice and fell flat on my back. When I looked up the tire was on its way down from 3-4 feet up! landed on my right arm and shoulder. Now this was while I was laying flat on my back so there wasn't much give!! Waited till 3 oclock to go to er. I was swollen twice the size from elbow to shoulder. Xrays showed no breaks, just slight separation on shoulder and nasty bruising on arm. Doctor said it was like a bad sprain. Have to use sling for 1 week and take anti inflammatorys and muscle relaxers and happy pills when needed. Can move arm some from elbow down but shoulder wont work yet. Sucks cause I have wood to haul but cant shift truck or climb up ladder to load it.
Is it ice time yet???

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: O/T Glad my shack is home!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2017, 07:54 PM »
that hurts   well now you have time to get the spring gear ready   
in god we trust

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2017, 07:58 PM »
Sorry to hear this news. Wet ice can be bad, I darn near slipped on my way out to my jig hole today. 2" of water on the ice . but now have to drill tru close to 3' of solid ice. after drilling a few holes most of the water had drained off so tomorrow will be an easy walk. hope your jigging arm still works.

Offline saltyshores

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2017, 09:34 AM »
Sorry to hear of your injury. Hope it heals quickly!

Offline hockeynut12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2017, 12:52 PM »
Falling on the ice doesn't sound like much fun, never mind a tire jumping on you while you're down. Hope you heal quickly and can drink left handed!
I like to walk on water.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2017, 12:54 PM »
Ron just the story makes me sore. Get better soon.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Still have no movement in shoulder. this is getting old quick! im not very good at most things left handed!
Is it ice time yet???

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Still have no movement in shoulder. this is getting old quick! im not very good at most things left handed!

Jezzem Ron! Good thing those bud lites aren’t heavy!  ;D 

I hope you come out of it soon! The whole seen you describe must have looked like slow motion you couldn’t stop. OUUUUUCHH!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Sixguns

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Sure don't bounce like we used to Ron, hope recovery is quick and complete.  :tipup:
Sixguns
Sixguns

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 09, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Just for future reference  942-6338. Stratham Tire come right out and all you do is enjoy the coffee. Hope you mend up quick. Shoulder injuries suck
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2017, 03:47 PM »
Just for future reference  942-6338. Stratham Tire come right out and all you do is enjoy the coffee. Hope you mend up quick. Shoulder injuries suck
I ended up at Stratham tire. Shoulder still refuses to move. When it does I want to bawl !
Is it ice time yet???

Offline Mainah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 11, 2017, 07:32 PM »
That is my biggest fear. falling on the ice and being knocked out cold. Open water season is coming!
I don't do drugs or bottles... fishing takes all my money!

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2017, 11:52 PM »
Setting up waiting for happy pill to kick in! Pain is at a 10+ now!!!!!!!!!!!
Is it ice time yet???

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2017, 06:31 AM »
Setting up waiting for happy pill to kick in! Pain is at a 10+ now!!!!!!!!!!!

Holey moley, Ron! I hope you come out of it soon!!! 
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2017, 07:41 AM »
Had a bad mishap yesterday morning!!! I was loading a 250 pound truck tire in my pickup when I slipped on ice and fell flat on my back. When I looked up the tire was on its way down from 3-4 feet up! landed on my right arm and shoulder. Now this was while I was laying flat on my back so there wasn't much give!! Waited till 3 oclock to go to er. I was swollen twice the size from elbow to shoulder. Xrays showed no breaks, just slight separation on shoulder and nasty bruising on arm. Doctor said it was like a bad sprain. Have to use sling for 1 week and take anti inflammatorys and muscle relaxers and happy pills when needed. Can move arm some from elbow down but shoulder wont work yet. Sucks cause I have wood to haul but cant shift truck or climb up ladder to load it.
Still in pain most of the time, can't sleep at night. Getting tingling in right hand now . May take ride to doctors today and see what he thinks. Have limited movement in shoulder. Hate to think what they want to do. I cant be layed up with rotator cuff surgery.
Is it ice time yet???

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 29, 2017, 06:49 PM »
Best therapy a jig rod over a perch Hole!!!!!!!

Offline Sixguns

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Snopro, if you want to get out on Hermon Sat, I will bring the Clam shelter, drill your holes, put you in a chair and let you use my Marcum LX6S.

My 1st time out there 3 or 4 yrs ago with a hard shack, I beleive it was you that greeted me and helped me get the damn thing off the trailer. Be honored to return the kindness shown.

Just let me know,
Sixguns
Sixguns

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2017, 08:49 AM »
Hopefully physical therapy can help this injury heal without surgery. Surgery or not, it sounds like recovery will be a lengthy process. I hope I'm wrong and it heals quickly.

Offline Snopro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2017, 10:42 AM »
Snopro, if you want to get out on Hermon Sat, I will bring the Clam shelter, drill your holes, put you in a chair and let you use my Marcum LX6S.

My 1st time out there 3 or 4 yrs ago with a hard shack, I beleive it was you that greeted me and helped me get the damn thing off the trailer. Be honored to return the kindness shown.

Just let me know,
Sixguns
Thanks, .Ron will be out there. I will be home overseeing maple sap boiling operation.
Is it ice time yet???

Offline Sixguns

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 30, 2017, 03:00 PM »
You are welcome, no problem.

Glad to hear that you have something planned to keep you active and occupied. Helps with the recovery!

No arm wrastling, let that shoulder heal up.  ;D
Sixguns
Sixguns

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.