The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bemidji State  (Read 1513 times)

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bemidji State
« on: Mar 07, 2017, 11:37 AM »
Hello, I am a college student looking at transferring to Bemidji St. next year.  Ice fishing is my passion.  I have all the ice fishing gear, and I was wondering what the fishing is like on Bemidji.  How to target the fish, general areas to start looking, etc. What other lakes are nearby that might be a little smaller?  I would also like to hear more about the school and the town if anybody on here attended the school or lives in the area.  Feel free to PM me as well.  Thank you in advance!

Offline Wyowalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bemidji State
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Hey muskie9,

I thought you were transferring to Wyoming.  Did you change your mind?

Wyowalleye

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Hey muskie9,

I thought you were transferring to Wyoming.  Did you change your mind?

Wyowalleye

Hey Wyowalleye, I'm deciding between Wyoming, Bemidji (where I'd play baseball), and Oregon.  Let's just say fishing plays a big factor in theverything decision!

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2017, 08:17 PM »
DUH!! ::)  With Muskie as your monitor  why wouldn't you want to be living and fishing where the best Muskie fishing in Minnesota is...Plantangenette,Bemidji,Cass, Big, Winnie, Pikebay, and Leech. Ok I understand you don't want to flunk out of college cause you are fishing all the time.. ;D   Yes there are even some small brooke trout streams around Bemidji if Wyoming trout fishing is more your thing.  There are hundreds of good to great hard and soft water fishing lakes near Bemidji.  MN DNR has a web site called Lake finder...you can punch in any lake you see on the map nearby and county and get up to date test netting and trapping data..

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2017, 11:07 PM »
Thank you corny13! I will look into that!

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Bemidji is a nice up north town. Definitely college influence, lot of food places. They also have a college fishing team which some of the anglers get a fair amount of support from northland tackle and 13 fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.