Author Topic: Fireman R-TEC folding tip ups?  (Read 885 times)

Offline lingcod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fireman R-TEC folding tip ups?
« on: Mar 04, 2017, 06:06 PM »
Anyone use these? Its a tip-up that folds/snaps into a  2-sided plastic  tube. Not the  discontinued cone-shaped tip up by same company. They are on ebay for $35. each, incl. shipping. Sure look easy to transport but I'm wondering about durability.

Offline Damn Yankee

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Fireman R-TEC folding tip ups?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Anyone use these? Its a tip-up that folds/snaps into a  2-sided plastic  tube. Not the  discontinued cone-shaped tip up by same company. They are on ebay for $35. each. Sure look easy to transport but I'm wondering about durability.
They're $29.99 from Firehouse, the company that makes them.
Leave Some For Seed

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Never saw it before. I like the idea. $30 is a lot for a tip up.

Offline BobP

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2017, 10:23 PM »
Never saw it before. I like the idea. $30 is a lot for a tip up.
$30 is cheap compared to the $99 ones with the light on top.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2017, 04:22 AM »
They do look neat and would be sweet with the lite on top,but that is alot to spend on tip ups.....for me.

Offline thomasthepikehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2017, 02:23 AM »
I really like the idea they have going but they really missed the mark on 2 things. One the spool looks to be the typical 200' plastic one that really isn't enough for pike fishing. Second, if you are going to have an extendable flag, get an extendable flag. What is it with all the short flags? Nobody fishes in 12+" of snow with drifts? I guess nobody remembers as we haven't seen that in over 4 years. As an add on, an included marker would put it over the top. Some carry mini traffic cones, I screw a dowel to each of my tip ups as a marker. Some just let theirs get run over. For some reason nobody driving on a lake watches for tip ups. A simple black rod with reflector tape on it that locks in like the flag would be great. $30 certainly isn't too much. Even the cheapest of the cheap are about $15 each unless they are on sale. The cheapest tip up that is worth anything to me is the HT predator, and they start just over $20.
-Tom

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.