New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lincoln/  (Read 828 times)

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Lincoln/
« on: Mar 03, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Anyone been up towards the exit 28-30 area? Thinking of hitting up,Lincoln or paradox. I heard it was dicey beginning of the week, but then again I heard there where 2 trucks on Lincoln this week. Maybe they meant "IN" Lincoln!!! So I don't know what to think.

All I know is it's supposed to be bitterly cold up there for a few days. So if trucks were on, it should be fine. And if it was dicey, maybe this cold snap will reinforce it for one last week or 2. Going up regardless, just figuring out if I need an auger or a trolling motor.  :roflmao

Offline Krocodile

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lincoln/
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2017, 10:01 PM »
Just got home from Eagle Lake, 15in of rock hard ice on the small end and the access on the causeway looked good and was used recently. There was a guy skating with an orange sail on the small end and he said he saw 5 guys on Paradox today when he drove by. Caught a couple crappie and a couple perch, plenty of fish on the Showdown but very picky.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2017, 05:34 AM »

Paradox's edges were open the other day, I tried getting on with a plank and when I got half way on to it, it
              started to push the ice the end was on. I couldn't get back fast enough and went in up to my waist. I wouldn't trust
              it.  :unsure:

IW

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Thanks guys. I think we still have a weekend maybe left. Keep the updates coming.

Offline waterwolf16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2017, 07:30 PM »
Was up on lincoln last saturday it had 20 inches of solid ice im heading up there tommorow to fish the south end

Offline waterwolf16

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2017, 08:48 PM »
fished it today there was 15 inches solid and was certainly making ice saturday through now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.