Author Topic: Lx7 snow/rain shield  (Read 925 times)

Offline RedRiverRick

• IceShanty Rookie
Lx7 snow/rain shield
« on: Mar 02, 2017, 09:33 PM »
I was just wondering if you have to use the shield that came with the lx7. Or is the unit water proof. Just asking because it kind of obstructs the screen. It reflects the light, and almost looks swirly. Take it off and it's perfect. Just wondering if you must keep it on. Read someware the had problems with moisture getting under the LCD screen. Thanks
What colour are you using?

Offline Homewrecker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lx7 snow/rain shield
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2017, 06:22 AM »
I leave it on.
 Reason is ,when I pull a fish out of the water the screen gets splashed  as the sonar is only 6 inches away.
 After pulling in a few fish I normally have to wipe the water off  .  Starting to see scratches . Hate to have that on main screen. 
Was thinking of placing Lx7 in a tipped over cardboard box for outside viewing to reduce the sun glare.
Homewrecker (Boats Name)

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2017, 09:03 AM »
i even put an ipad plastic screen protector on my snow shield, just extra protection from scratches.  If you looks at older used LX-7's for sale, you can easily tell those who used the snow shield, and those who didn't...

Offline belowavgfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2017, 07:02 AM »
I'm with Homewrecker. I leave it on specifically for fish splashing water on the screen. I am constantly wiping the water off and I'd hate to have it on the actual screen. I've had too many things that day waterproof and weren't so water resistant like watches, etc. I'm not taking chances!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.