Author Topic: Ice Fishing Rigs  (Read 2968 times)

Offline Icefisherjoe22

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Fishing Rigs
« on: Mar 01, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Looking for any icefishing rig ideas used for bluegills, crappies or ring perch in anywhere from 5-20' of water?

Side note: Any speific rings used for these same fish during thier spring spawns?

Thanks...

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Fishing Rigs
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Depending on your state rules(you might wan to add you location) you could add a wet fly above you jig. I usually use the same jigs during hard & soft water outings.

Offline Duck-Hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2017, 06:18 AM »
The Michigan Rig is a deadly combo for panfish. I tie a tungsten bead fly about 10" about my bottom jig(heavy metal tungsten). I like to tie my fly on with a dropper loop knot and leave the loop about 1/2"-3/4" off the main line.
REMOVED

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Apr 07, 2017, 07:36 AM »
I rig up pretty much the same way as Duck-Hunter described, but I will use a Hali jig with the drop chain for my bottom lure.

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06, 2017, 04:12 PM »
I like to take the hook off a silver castmaster and tie my line to that. then a 16in leader to my jig/bait. I have seen fish on the flasher come in attracted to the castmaster first, then they drop down and take the jig. The castmaster also helps to drop light jigs down quickly.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06, 2017, 04:47 PM »
Drop shot rig if legal were you are?  Basically a hook or fly with a weight on the line below. The hook or fly I use a loop know which is a dropper loop knot .. the weights I use range from  small tungsten to heavy 3 ounce on longer rods in spring that are cast from shore..   I tie the dropper about a foot above the weight and tick bottom several times jigging in winter on rock bars shale bars  gravel bars etc.. the bigger gills get into rock bars on my lake  in spring time.. gives them a place to spawn and protection from pike.. I use tmc 2457 size 18 in winter with a spike or three on it..  spring time I use a tmc 2457 size 14 with wax worms on it .. as for flies basically what ever hatch is on your lake use your nymphs..

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06, 2017, 05:17 PM »
I like to take the hook off a silver castmaster and tie my line to that. then a 16in leader to my jig/bait. I have seen fish on the flasher come in attracted to the castmaster first, then they drop down and take the jig. The castmaster also helps to drop light jigs down quickly.

Especially perch in deeper haunts..... ;)2 :thumbsup:
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.