The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eskimo Quickflip 3  (Read 3817 times)

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Quickflip 3
« on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:01 AM »
Anyone have a shell they have lying around they might want to sale? Or anyone have one and have done something custom with it what would be willing to share?

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Re: Eskimo Quickflip 3
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:35 AM »
PM gregv17.  He may still be looking to liquidate.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2017, 01:59 PM »
Thanks for the lead....now for the dumb question I am not seeing where I can PM someone...where is that at lol

Offline mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2017, 03:44 PM »
Mt_ice - If you click on the user name of the person you're looking to get in touch with, you will go to their profile page. On the left hand side of the profile is a heading called "Actions". You can PM from there. On the other hand, I've never PM'd anyone on this site, so there are probably other ways to do it as well.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2017, 03:52 PM »
Anyone have a shell they have lying around they might want to sale? Or anyone have one and have done something custom with it what would be willing to share?
I have a quickflip 3..which I love..but even tho its only 2 yrs old..the apron has taken abuse from being frozen in ice..etc...this is the time of yr where you can find some at a decent price as season closeout...there may be some bargains out there..i would think if someone had a mint quickflip 3...half of retail would be acceptable...but if used normally...maybe a third of retail...you are buying a product at the end of season...so with a little recon..you should be able to get a cherry used..or a discounted new....

Offline wyogator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:52 PM »
Too bad you didn't ask last summer.  I hauled a Quick Flip to the dump.  The sled was wore out and had some poles missing.  Other than that, the tent part was still in decent shape.  I would have given it to you for free.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:28 PM »
Too bad you didn't ask last summer.  I hauled a Quick Flip to the dump.  The sled was wore out and had some poles missing.  Other than that, the tent part was still in decent shape.  I would have given it to you for free.
perfect testimonial to just buy new...

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2017, 08:44 AM »
perfect testimonial to just buy new...

Or possibly post it up in the For Sale as parts - there's enough DIY'ers here the the parts might have been use-able even with the sled being toast.
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2017, 08:51 AM »
Or possibly post it up in the For Sale as parts - there's enough DIY'ers here the the parts might have been use-able even with the sled being toast.

You can't sell stuff on shanty unless your a paying militia member.

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2017, 08:58 AM »
Bummer on the lost opportunity...the one i have everything is there just the canvas has seen its days on the ice...i got it used and the previous owners werent exactly kind to it. It is working out just figured rather then trying to do patch work if someone had decent replacement canvas would go that route. If anyone runs into something that is at a decent price would be greatly appreciated. AM still looking but so far no one has the shell in stock and it isnt made anymore by eskimo :(

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2017, 10:45 AM »
You can't sell stuff on shanty unless your a paying militia member.

Which is a small investment for such a large return of information and contacts IMO - but I understand why some may not become a supporter.  There was a time when I was not able either.
Trust me, when the Zamboni driver says "You won't catch fish through that hole", he knows of what he speaks.

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2017, 10:53 AM »
Bummer on the lost opportunity...the one i have everything is there just the canvas has seen its days on the ice...i got it used and the previous owners werent exactly kind to it. It is working out just figured rather then trying to do patch work if someone had decent replacement canvas would go that route. If anyone runs into something that is at a decent price would be greatly appreciated. AM still looking but so far no one has the shell in stock and it isnt made anymore by eskimo :(

Keep looking and keep asking - you'll find one somewhere but you'll need patience.

I will say that the stitching tool was useful in repairing a "feature" I installed a couple years ago - I did a brief search but can't find the thread.

Quick Stitch Tool - easy to use and quick to get the hang of
http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=stitch

Good luck

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2017, 12:06 PM »

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:17 PM »
I will look into the stitch thing as well as yes that is what i am looking for on ebay...issue is i think its like 3 inches to short so not sure if it would fit and 200 bucks is expensive to test.

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2017, 03:16 PM »
If it's like the skin from my QF-1, don't sweat the 3", there's some loose tolerances on this factory listing stuff.  The width of mine is listed as 32" wide but the foot print is really only 30" when I tension it and square it up.  the 32" is probably the max over-all dimension including the sled and stuff.

It's a factory replacement - if it were aftermarket I might flinch

Also, they are a store and "BUY WITH CONFIDENCE WE GUARANTEE 100% SATISFACTION"

I would call and ask about a return if it doesn't fit your sled...

Offline mt_ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2017, 03:25 PM »
Good to know thanks for the info...will have to call them and hope that they still have some once i get the funds to maybe get it.

Offline Sprocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Personal Text
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2017, 04:09 PM »
And something to think about:  I paid about $175 on sale for my QF-3 hub type...

Flip overs are sxs fishing, hubs are more "round table" - each has it's own merit

Best regards - let us know what you decide.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.