Author Topic: anybody out this am?  (Read 1884 times)

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anybody out this am?
« on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:14 AM »
Was happy to wake up to below freezing temps. The lakes I drove by today looked like they had firmed up on top. No more slop.  Curious how it is out there? Location doesn't matter. Hoping to fish all day weds rain or shine, Im gonna be wet. Hopefully this is the last of the warm weather so we can all get a few more trips in.
Salmonemia

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anybody out this am?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2017, 09:36 AM »
Drove by center harbor this am and looked firm..... End of the week forecast for us in that Conway area looks good to maybe gain a little ice back
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline pfeifferpower

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2017, 10:13 AM »
how much ice we got now

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2017, 11:41 AM »
how much ice we got now

Suppose it all depends where you are.  I was off Long Island in Moultonborough Saturday & there was a good 12" under all the slop.

Offline pfeifferpower

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2017, 11:44 AM »
talking lovell lake wakefield or wentworth wolfboro.....obviously I'm gonna check but I haven't been able to get out since the warm up...

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:06 PM »
On Newfound since 8am
Was tight then but getting slightly slushy with the sun.
Wind is wicked right now...trying to blow the popup off the lake.
Saw a smallmouth on cam and one laker just cruised by...no hits yet

Offline fishegg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:08 PM »
It's all relevant, I know we're not at this point, but I watched 12 inches of ice go out in a hour or so with the right wind in the broads one year in early April. Thickness isn't always the safest measure.

Everybody be careful please.....

Offline pfeifferpower

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:17 PM »
smaller locked up lakes wind don't matter....but thanks all 4 info

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2017, 12:43 PM »
Drove by center harbor this am and looked firm..... End of the week forecast for us in that Conway area looks good to maybe gain a little ice back
Out in the middle I'm sure it is fine but the access is sketchy there are holes all over the place and there is a 6ft wide hole too.

Offline Snoops77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:23 PM »
thanks for the update brookie...i was hoping to go to center harbor or states thurs-sun guess maybe I should be looking elsewhere. Am usually by myself and not very experienced on winni so trying to be careful

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:37 PM »
Fished Sunapee today.  Wanted to try the east side around Soo-Nipi but there was a pressure ridge that I didn't want to cross alone so went to Bloggets which was almost all soft water. Ended up at the state beach which was 8-10 inches of glazed ice with no slush at all everywhere I went.  Didn't pull up one fish all day...  On vacation this week so might try another big lake in my search for lakers.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Fished Sunapee today.  Wanted to try the east side around Soo-Nipi but there was a pressure ridge that I didn't want to cross alone so went to Bloggets which was almost all soft water. Ended up at the state beach which was 8-10 inches of glazed ice with no slush at all everywhere I went.  Didn't pull up one fish all day...  On vacation this week so might try another big lake in my search for lakers.
Sunapee is tough it just doesn't seem to have the numbers of lakers as the other lakes do. Has great size though.

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2017, 11:26 AM »
thanks for the update brookie...i was hoping to go to center harbor or states thurs-sun guess maybe I should be looking elsewhere. Am usually by myself and not very experienced on winni so trying to be careful

I would try where I was this past Saturday.  Take Moultonborough Neck Rd to Long Island Beach.  Plenty of ice & no open water along the edge.  Not sure what the temps this week will bring but the conditions there looked better than just about every place I drove past Saturday.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2017, 01:42 PM »
I just got off a lake in Madison and there was 15 inches of ice.....needed my creepers at the start of the day but the ice stayed firm no slush walking was ok dragging the sled was slow.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:05 PM »
I just got off a lake in Madison and there was 15 inches of ice.....needed my creepers at the start of the day but the ice stayed firm no slush walking was ok dragging the sled was slow.
cool was it slop out there sat? Im guessing all the water on top of most lakes has went down the holes?
Salmonemia

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:13 PM »
I wasn't out on Saturday but yeah a lot of the previous slop and water from the weekend firmed up or went down the holes.....it was cloudy and breezy and that helped keep the slush from getting bad I think

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:29 PM »
I wasn't out on Saturday but yeah a lot of the previous slop and water from the weekend firmed up or went down the holes.....it was cloudy and breezy and that helped keep the slush from getting bad I think
awesome Im headed a bit south of you I had 18-20 of ice there but it was messy, Im hoping tomorrow will be a lot better. Was there a lot of oversized holes from all the drainage?
Salmonemia

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2017, 02:56 PM »
awesome Im headed a bit south of you I had 18-20 of ice there but it was messy, Im hoping tomorrow will be a lot better. Was there a lot of oversized holes from all the drainage?

Didn't see any...... There is a shack just off that shore by the boat ramp he has A 8 inch auger and his old holes were a little bit bigger but seemed pretty good. I was walking by one of his holes today on my way off the ice and there was a good bow sitting there I grabbed my rod with a little tungsten jig and played with it a bit. I hooked it he ran and got his head to the hole he shook and spit my jig on the ice......then jigged again and another came at it but kept spitting it. Then I had to get the kids from school......

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2017, 03:58 PM »
Didn't see any...... There is a shack just off that shore by the boat ramp he has A 8 inch auger and his old holes were a little bit bigger but seemed pretty good. I was walking by one of his holes today on my way off the ice and there was a good bow sitting there I grabbed my rod with a little tungsten jig and played with it a bit. I hooked it he ran and got his head to the hole he shook and spit my jig on the ice......then jigged again and another came at it but kept spitting it. Then I had to get the kids from school......
nice good luck out there
Salmonemia

Offline Snoops77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2017, 04:01 PM »
I would try where I was this past Saturday.  Take Moultonborough Neck Rd to Long Island Beach.  Plenty of ice & no open water along the edge.  Not sure what the temps this week will bring but the conditions there looked better than just about every place I drove past Saturday.

Thanks very much Jack

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #20 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:44 PM »
Good luck out there guys! I wish I could be out, school's been running me ragged this week and its only going to get busier before spring break  ;D. Stay safe this week, the rain will probably open some holes up. The upcoming cold weather should do us some good

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 28, 2017, 07:03 PM »
nice good luck out there

You as well...... I'll be out again tomorrow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.