The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Arapooish pond  (Read 760 times)

Offline mt.redneck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Arapooish pond
« on: Feb 25, 2017, 11:42 PM »
Ice fished this pond by Hardin today, have fished it a few times in open water with limited success. Ice was 11-13 inches everywhere I drilled. Marked a few fish but no takers. Water has about 1 foot of visibility. Anyone have any better luck on this pond?
safe ice, tight lines and god bless!

Offline Rainman935

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Arapooish pond
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2017, 01:18 AM »
Very little info on this water. I did find this to be an interesting bit of information. If true there should be some nice large mouth bass in there. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=139265.0

Offline Rainman935

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2017, 02:02 AM »
Try rattle spoons. I like the Kastmaster "Rattlemaster" I like the small size because the rattle is not to loud. To much rattle can scare fish. The rattle will help attract the fish in low visibility water. Tipping with bait for scent is obviously crucial as well in most cases. Lots of fish in small body of water must be hungry. Try frozen minnow/minnow heads of you haven't already.

Good luck!

Offline mt.redneck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2017, 10:11 AM »
I was using a 16th ounce buckshot with a piece of plastic at first and then with a small emerald shiner. Fwp has shocked some pumpkinseeds and 1 perch in 2015 along with bass, bullheads and some other species. From the way the fish were acting in schools I'm guessing they were small bass under 10 inches long, or one of the panfish species. I'm hoping to get back out today and explore some more. There are 3 aerators on right now in about 8 feet of water. I saw on fwps page that for elmo and this pond in the water bodies search page there is a Google Earth image with contour lines on them. Hope they add more lakes with that on their website
safe ice, tight lines and god bless!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.