Author Topic: Lml in march  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Huber87

• IceShanty Rookie
Lml in march
« on: Feb 25, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Being March coming up and seems like cooler weather for the next couple weeks where are good spot on last mountain to fish. Thanks

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lml in march
« Reply #1 on: Feb 25, 2017, 08:44 PM »
Hey now, I thought you put the auger away????

Offline Huber87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2017, 08:59 PM »
Hey now, I thought you put the auger away????
welllllllll yes your right I was going to cuz I wasn't catching any fish but all I want to do is get back out there and try again but not sure where. Hell I guess anywhere is a good start hahaha

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2017, 09:18 PM »
The fish will be starting to stage for the spawn over the next few weeks Huber so setting up just outside of spawning areas or adjacent to them is prob your best bet. I've had my best success for both walleye and pike on rocky areas close to spawning areas in March. Stay mobile and if you aren't marking many or any fish, move on until you find some active fish. Keep an open mind as well, if there's one thing I've learned its that there are no set rules on where the fish will be. I've had times where I thought they should be deep and they were super shallow and vice versa, also caught fish way deeper than where I thought they would be. Any day on the water or ice is a great day but it's always just a bit better if you catch a few fish. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Offline walleyeislife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2017, 02:43 PM »
The fish will be starting to stage for the spawn over the next few weeks Huber so setting up just outside of spawning areas or adjacent to them is prob your best bet. I've had my best success for both walleye and pike on rocky areas close to spawning areas in March. Stay mobile and if you aren't marking many or any fish, move on until you find some active fish. Keep an open mind as well, if there's one thing I've learned its that there are no set rules on where the fish will be. I've had times where I thought they should be deep and they were super shallow and vice versa, also caught fish way deeper than where I thought they would be. Any day on the water or ice is a great day but it's always just a bit better if you catch a few fish. Hope this helps you out a bit.

Where is the typical spawning areas for Last Mountain? I know of course there is Big Arm Bay. Is there anywhere else?

Thank you

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2017, 08:48 AM »
just follow that Geenie guy around..i think he lives in a bottle close to the lk.  hehe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.