Author Topic: good chuckle...  (Read 821 times)

Offline T-Hawker

• Team IceShanty Regular
good chuckle...
« on: Feb 23, 2017, 09:12 PM »
I ran across an 2011 post about pranks on the ice and it reminded me of this one that I heard about but unfortunately didn't personally witness it.

As part of an American Welding Society meeting I was touring a company in Escanaba, MI that manufactures high-end commercial fish cleaning equipment.  They have equipment installations all over the globe.  They custom design the equipment depending on the species of fish.  Because of this their foreign clients needed to send them several dozen fish of each species so they can fine-tune the machine to maximize the meat on each fillet.  During the tour they showed us a large chest freezer stuffed full of exotic fish.  The Operation Manager indicated that year prior they went out ice fishing (on Little Bay De Noc I believe) and had brought an array of exotic fish with them and laid them around their fishing holes.  Apparently it caused quite stir when the Yoopers chasing walleyes saw peacock bass, fish with beaks and a hole bunch of other freak fish "caught" earlier in the day laying on the ice of Lake Michigan.

Seasoned deer hunter, greenhorn fisherdude.

Offline 4reel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: good chuckle...
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2017, 09:37 AM »
HILARIOUS!!!!!

Offline Fishy Fishy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2017, 12:47 PM »
When I was a kid my dad and I were fishing a small pond in AZ and we put a small Shark we caught from California on the stringer.  When people asked what we caught we lifted up the 2' shark on the stringer... and the looks were priceless.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2017, 02:44 PM »
Years ago when fishing a well known trout impoundment when my buddy and I noticed a couple of fisherman throw a fish on the bank. Curiosity got the best of us, so we approached the two and struck up a conversation. We discovered the two were from another state, and they had caught two suckers that they had thrown on the bank. I walked over and saw they were in fact suckers. I asked the two if they were sure they were suckers, and both replied they were. I told them with a straight face that they needed to check the refs again because they looked a lot like the coveted "golden trumpet-nosed trout", and were very tasty. They asked if I was sure, and I replied I was. My buddy and I could hardly contain our laughter as we walked away watching them put the suckers on their stringer. I often wondered if they ever found out they were really suckers? 😆
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2017, 03:26 PM »
You mean the fish too???  ;D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.