The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ice Fishing around Laramie  (Read 1456 times)

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice Fishing around Laramie
« on: Feb 23, 2017, 08:08 PM »
Hello, I am a college student looking to transfer to Wyoming next year.  I'm from South Dakota, and ice fishing is my favorite thing to do.  I've caught a lot of rainbow trout, but I love targeting lakers, pike, and panfish the most.  I don't ski, and my buddies will all be on the slopes in the winter, so I am planning on ice fishing a lot next year.  Could someone recommend some lakes to me within an hour or two of Laramie for ice fishing? I'd be happy to share some of my spots in the Black Hills if any of you ever head out that way...thanks!

Offline Wyowalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice Fishing around Laramie
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2017, 12:50 AM »
Hey muskie9,
Welcome to Wyoming!  I moved from Mn and am getting back into ice fishing here.  Right around Laramie, trout is what we chase.  If you want to catch a lot of fish, Curt Gowdy Park east of Laramie has Granite and Crystal Reservoirs.  You can get Rainbows and some Brown Trout here.  Most of the ones I catch are 12-13 inches.  North Crow Reservoir is close to these lakes and has recently stocked Tiger Muskie.  There are several plains lakes south and west of town.  The biggest lake is Hattie and this has both trout and salmon.  The other lakes are generally shallow, but have nice fish.  Glendo is a walleye spot north of Wheatland.  There are also other reservoirs near Wheatland with walleyes and bass.  The Game and Fish has an office in Laramie and they have a nice publication with each lake listed and the kinds of fish found in each one.  This website has a lot of good information about ice conditions and what is being caught.  Let me know when you get here and I can help you get started. 

Offline muskie9

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice Fishing around Laramie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2017, 10:32 AM »
Thank you!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.