The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy Customer Service Kudos!!  (Read 636 times)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Jiffy Customer Service Kudos!!
« on: Feb 23, 2017, 10:55 AM »
A buddy has a Pro 4 that he had a fuel leak on. He contacted Jiffy and they sent him a replacement fuel line, but he still could hear a leak, it was leaking in the carb. So he contacted Jiffy again. It turns out that it was out of the 2 year warranty by like 3 weeks, but they are covering it anyway, and sending him a new carb! That's why I have stuck with Jiffy over all of the years. Thanks Jiffy for standing by your product!!!

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Jiffy Customer Service Kudos!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2017, 05:11 PM »
Jiffy repaired the clutch in an auger for me when it was four years past the warranty period. Great customer service IMO.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Alex Delarge

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jiffy Customer Service Kudos!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2017, 04:02 PM »
My pro-4 is sitting in the basement, didn't run well after I replaced the fuel delivery system. Think I need a new gasket on the carb. Probably ran it for 4 years. Have a model 30 from the 70's that still runs and is turning the STX drill from the pro-4. Also have an '08 model 34 stealth STX. Those tecumseh 3hp units put my pro-4 (2nd gen) to shame and will probably be running long after most augers built today will.
Realistically, they've had problems with their line of augers since tecumseh went OOB. Those SDi units along with their electric weren't popular. I'm far from impressed with the pro-4 for the obvious fuel delivery issues and poor performance in -10°F or colder. I'm not sure how the new 44 is but it is my belief that 1lb propane bottles won't delivery the fuel needed in very cold temps.
Jiffy is gonna need to do some R&D into the electric field if it wants to stay competitive IMHO.
It must be something in the water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.