Author Topic: Striker ice blind bibs  (Read 1397 times)

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
Striker ice blind bibs
« on: Feb 22, 2017, 10:36 AM »
A few weeks ago I ordered some striker ice guardian bibs, and then my order was cancelled. So the search again began for some floating bibs. I found that Striker makes the ICE BLIND bibs. They only have 40g of insulation. Anyone know anything about these bibs or is they would be warm enough for ice fishing? The average temperature during the day is in the 20s. But in the mornings and evenings and random days it is around 0.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Striker ice blind bibs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2017, 10:50 AM »
I don't know anything about them but I do know the Predator bibs have 100 grams of insulation and the Hardwater bibs have 150 grams of insulation.  That being said they would only be about half as warm as the Predator bibs but if you layer right you SHOULD be ok however I'd wait and get the Predator bibs.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2017, 11:14 AM »
I would stick with a Floatation bib with at least 100g of insulation...the above options should get you there . The only other option is wait for Striker Ice to have their clearance sale .... it varies from year to year in timing and rate of discount ...like them on FB ...subscribe to their Emails...and pounce when it happens . I think you would be disappointed if you went with a "fall season " style bib as opposed to winter season. Also the Climate Bibs haven't really been on discount/sale as a general rule this season ...so consider them as an option  they may go on sale soon ...but once again pounce. ... Climate rated 4 w/liner removed and 10 w/liner installed

Offline johnbonzo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2017, 07:30 PM »
i got mine last week for 110.
look at icefishingdeals.com for the sale link. it was 40% off from overtones.com

to bad i couldn't use them this season... :-\

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2017, 04:12 PM »
Striker Lake Effect bibs came in yesterday. I went and found a puddle that was mostly ice, but had melted a little from the temperature today and kneeled down in it for about 5 min to see how cold it got/how leak proof they really are. These Striker bibs are awesome. There was some open water on the edge of the lake I wanted to walk into and really test them out, but I had my 2 yr old and 4 yr old with me and didn't want them getting ideas. But this summer I'm gonna jump into the lake and see how well they float with just the bibs. These things are super warm! I was sweating like crazy and just had on shoes, and a very light jacket.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2017, 06:50 PM »
MT. mulies enjoy the bibs I know a few Ice Shanty members who own different models of Striker bibs/suits and all are happy with the performance of their outfits. I suggest going out with the bibs on a windy day to see how warm they will keep you when dealing with a below zero wind chill factor. I have relatives in Casper,Wyoming and friends in Colorado if Montana gets winds similar to those two states wind chill factor is an important thing to consider besides the air temperature.
Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2017, 08:13 AM »
The hardest part about the Striker Ice wear is what to wear ....Silk/Tech weight then a light weight jogging/sweat pant ..wicking is important ...on my last outing for this season ...unusually warm ....those 3 way zippers are great for venting for your walk out and drilling holes. Good Luck with your purchase.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2017, 08:56 AM »
The waterproof knees are awesome.  I bought the Lake Effect for me for $80 and bought each son a pair of the Guardians about $120.  We spend most of our time in insulated flipover, so we don't need the best insulation.  I only wear one layer of fleece long underwear under them.

I started with snowmobiling pants that float, no knee protection. ugh!

You'll love them.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.