The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Eskimo propane auger  (Read 647 times)

Offline EmTee

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo propane auger
« on: Feb 21, 2017, 07:39 PM »
Last year I finally decided to spring for a brand new auger, and I chose the Eskimo HC40 propane auger.  I was a little nervous about it, but wow am I thrilled with how it works.  Ice hasn't been super thick last year or this year, but it cuts through 12" of ice like butter.  I've drilled at least 100 holes (and counting) this year on one cylinder.  I absolutely recommend it.  It starts on the first pull, every time.

I see a lot of people that do not take good care of their augers and then complain about the performance.  Dropping them on the ice hard will dull your blade and affect the angle of the blades.  Don't put your weight on the auger, let the blades do the work.  Let them warm up before drilling.  If using a gas auger, use fresh gas (ethanol-free if possible).

Offline PIKE426

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Eskimo propane auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2017, 07:18 AM »
Love mine!

Offline lavaman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2017, 09:54 AM »
love mine goin on 5 yrs now

Offline REDGIANT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2017, 12:19 PM »
Love mine!
X 2, So happy that I ditched my 2 Jiffy's.  I used pre-mix fuel, always stored properly in the off season and still nothing but issues out on the ice.  I finally replaced both carbs, gas tanks and fuel lines, got them dialed in and sold one and gave the other to a buddy of mine that is starting out.  There customer service is awful as well.  Our local bait shop no longer carries Jiffy's.  I am certain that you will continue to be pleased with your purchase, and if you are in need of anything, their customer service is second to none. 
TIP UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2017, 12:23 PM »
Picked up the same auger, and love it as well! It's heavier than the electric ION auger, but over a hundred bucks cheaper. I drilled about 30 holes on st. albs bay on sunday with it, on a propane tank that was pretty much empty. Very impressed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.