The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Snappy's family tournament  (Read 1581 times)

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
Snappy's family tournament
« on: Feb 21, 2017, 01:52 PM »
found out last Saturday was the family tournament that is for the kids, why was there no info prior to it?  or is it just a Kalispell and surrounding area event?
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
Re: Snappy's family tournament
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:29 PM »
Yeah that's a bummer. IS doesn't like to promote tourneys unless they are a sponsor but I'm sure an event like this wouldn't have raised anyone's hair. I helped organize a little tourney on Hebgen quite a few years back now but it was a lot of fun and we didn't need to apply to the fwp to hold it. There were a few stipulations tho,... can't charge an entry fee, can't be more that $500 worth of prizes and a few other things I can't remember offhand. All that said it would be awesome to get a family/ kids tourney for the ice season. I'd be more than happy to help make it happen somewhere centrally located where as many families as possible could attend. I know everybody's weekends fill up fast but it's worth a discussion at least. I'm all ears!

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:49 PM »
Yeah that's a bummer. IS doesn't like to promote tourneys unless they are a sponsor but I'm sure an event like this wouldn't have raised anyone's hair. I helped organize a little tourney on Hebgen quite a few years back now but it was a lot of fun and we didn't need to apply to the fwp to hold it. There were a few stipulations tho,... can't charge an entry fee, can't be more that $500 worth of prizes and a few other things I can't remember offhand. All that said it would be awesome to get a family/ kids tourney for the ice season. I'd be more than happy to help make it happen somewhere centrally located where as many families as possible could attend. I know everybody's weekends fill up fast but it's worth a discussion at least. I'm all ears!

Kyle,
I tried to PM you and the red letters say you can't be found.  Maybe I need to check the closet.   ;D  Please PM me so I have the right address.

Thanks.

Herb
wish you many hook-ups

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2017, 07:57 AM »
Maybe Georgetown would be a good place for something like this? CF already has a couple ice tourneys. I know the kids ice clinic in Frenchtown is great, but it's a bit farther down the road for some. Haven't heard much here so it almost seems someone would have to take the bait and run with it then decide if it was worth trying again...

Offline Fortpeck1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2017, 01:50 PM »
Frenchtown kids clinic is to far out of the way,.
Had kids from Alberta , Idaho, Utah and Washington there.
Depends how far you want to take the kidos.
I would be willing to help if someone wants to start one .
FP1 steve

Offline whiptail

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2017, 12:04 AM »
I will try to post all Flathead Tournaments and Derbies on Pete's tackle next winter.

Whiptail
Pete's Tackle Shop

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2017, 09:17 AM »
It is a local FREE kids/family DERBY, that was basically begun to reward Snappy's customers.  Chancy is on MT outdoor radio show every Saturday and mentioned it for a month.  I write about it in my Daily Interlake "Howes Fishing"column for the few weeks leading up to it.  It is advertised on MT FWP list of tournaments every year.

I suggest if you are interested in fishing tournaments, you look for that list that is published every year by FWP in October that lists every event in the state.   They don't have a budget to put ads in the paper, nor to advertise it beyond the Flathead.  They get 300 plus people every year.  NONE of the tournaments in MT have big advertising budgets, except Hebgen and to some degree Perch Assault...not to hard to find out about the derbies/tournaments, but they ain't necessarily gonna come knocking on your door
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2017, 09:27 AM »
Yeah that's a bummer.  IS doesn't like to promote tourneys unless they are a sponsor but I'm sure an event like this wouldn't have raised anyone's hair. 

Thats not true at all..  Just send the MOD of your state and they will post it...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2017, 02:36 PM »
   Thats not true at all..  Just send the MOD of your state and they will post it...

That is awesome and good to know!! IS is the greatest and I knew they would accommodate! Thanks for all you guys do RD  :tipup:

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2017, 02:41 PM »
It is a local FREE kids/family DERBY, that was basically begun to reward Snappy's customers.  Chancy is on MT outdoor radio show every Saturday and mentioned it for a month.  I write about it in my Daily Interlake "Howes Fishing"column for the few weeks leading up to it.  It is advertised on MT FWP list of tournaments every year.

I suggest if you are interested in fishing tournaments, you look for that list that is published every year by FWP in October that lists every event in the state.   They don't have a budget to put ads in the paper, nor to advertise it beyond the Flathead.  They get 300 plus people every year.  NONE of the tournaments in MT have big advertising budgets, except Hebgen and to some degree Perch Assault...not to hard to find out about the derbies/tournaments, but they ain't necessarily gonna come knocking on your door

I had looked on a list published by the billings gazette earlier this season and it wasn't listed there. Tho I'm not surprised since it's further away from there than Canada is! Thanks Mike I should just check FWP's page from now on.

Offline mtjigalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2017, 03:17 PM »

Just out of curiosity, who is the mod for the Montana pages?

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Feb 26, 2017, 03:30 PM »
Just out of curiosity, who is the mod for the Montana pages?

tightliner812 or any other moderator can usually help you out..      Thats what were here for... ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 26, 2017, 03:53 PM »
Sra posted a link regarding this season's derbies back before Christmas and it's appeared a few other times as well. 
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=337670.0

The info is posted here every year.  Scroll down to "Fishing Contests" near the bottom of the page.
http://fwp.mt.gov/fishing/whereToFish/contests/default.html
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.