Author Topic: Obed Lake/Fickle Lake  (Read 1295 times)

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
Obed Lake/Fickle Lake
« on: Feb 20, 2017, 12:49 PM »
Hey guys, looking to fish some new water, and due to some current mobility issues I need to be able to drive onto lakes. I am wondering if anyone has any info on Obed Lake and Fickle Lake, and if either are driveable. Would be awesome to receive a few pointers as well as I have never even considered fishing for Brown's in the winter and I am looking forward to giving it a shot! Thank you in advance.

If anyone has any other suggestions for lakes as well, it's always appreciated! I don't mind driving a few hours to try a new lake or fish for a new species. The only thing I'm not interested in is fishing for rainbows... Whites, Pike, Walleye, Perch, Suckers, Lakers, etc are all fair game. Bonus if I can keep a couple as I'm usually C&R.

Looking to make the drive south to some reservoirs if anyone is willing to point me in the right direction for pike as well.

If you would prefer to send a PM, I completely get it!

Thanks in advance!  :tipup:
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Obed Lake/Fickle Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2017, 06:17 AM »
With a lack of knowledge and a few a lakes closer to home I have never fished and want to try... I'm heading out for a trio of lakes today... Buck, Battle, and Pigeon... here we go!

If anyone feels like spilling the beans on Obed or Fickle, I'm still interested in checking them out!  :tipup:

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2017, 11:50 AM »
Wow!  Go for it! 

The big unknown is Battle.  Buck I've heard nothing but poor reports but I hope you find otherwise. 

On Fickle, I fished it once 5 years ago and never went back.   Weedy, shallow and not a lot of fish.  Granted it was only one trip so how much can you learn a lake but I saw enough for me to say there is better lakes in Central with easier access.   One thing, if you do go, it should be pretty quiet.

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Buck was interesting. Ice was only about 20" thick everywhere I drilled, and super noisy the entire morning. Only saw one pike and walleye, missed the hook set on the pike twice, and lost the walleye in the hole.

Skipped passed Battle on my way to Pigeon. It was nice enough out I wanted to take full advantage of driving all over the lake. Tried Mulhurst, middle of the lake, and along the north side, didnot  see one fish. Pigeon is becoming my nemesis... all or nothing lake for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.