The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Rule of Thumb  (Read 1702 times)

Offline MGK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Rule of Thumb
« on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:30 PM »
If the person who makes the post doesn't name the lake, you shouldn't either. This includes wrong guesses. That is all

Offline ME icehole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Rule of Thumb
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:10 PM »
I'll second that.

Offline Morfishin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:38 PM »
12 year old kid sorry he has been talk to
Fish have tails

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2017, 04:59 AM »
MGK “Rule of thumb” refers to an old law that said you couldn’t beat your wife with a stick larger than the width of your thumb.  :o

Back to the point!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:16 AM »
If your referring to fishhunter04....he is 12 years old and may not know what edicut is yet...I'm sure there was no malice intended, don't beat him up to bad. He seems to spend his spare time fishing instead of...well you know.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2017, 05:23 AM »
If your referring to fishhunter04....he is 12 years old and may not know what edicut is yet...I'm sure there was no malice intended, don't beat him up to bad. He seems to spend his spare time fishing instead of...well you know.

I’ve heard there are two things fisherman do in the summer. One of them is fish. I suppose it is different for us ice fisherman. Fish and burn firewood. :)
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline weskeagclouser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 20, 2017, 07:53 AM »
Bad form. I try to avoid saying what lake I'm on even if it's outside of my home waters. You don't want to inadvertently ruin someone's honey hole.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20, 2017, 08:18 AM »
We all need to realize we are only around for a short time and the more we share the more enjoyment all will have. Look all that Bob shared with. and now he's gone.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2017, 07:56 AM »
If the person who makes the post doesn't name the lake, you shouldn't either. This includes wrong guesses. That is all
    ;)

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2017, 08:24 AM »
Come  on Lets all share with all make more successful younger fishermen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2017, 03:17 PM »
you 1st!  ;D

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2017, 03:49 PM »
Jack Smelt --  ALL FISHERMEN ARE LIARS EXCEPT YOU AND ME. Sometimes I'm not so sure about you.

Offline Icetrout15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2017, 04:04 PM »
I'd hate to see all ur tank fish from southern Maine get caught from some one saying someone's else spot don't worry the tank trucks come back every spring and fall lol should matter people no where I fish and it's all how u fish just saying
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣⛄️⛄️IMG_7783.gif

Offline JDK

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2017, 04:34 PM »
I believe that the best threads on here are the ones with families and kids. Sawyerjosh, fishhunter04, chum bucket, Coach, and others I'm forgetting at the moment are  typically are the ones I read first and I am all for helping out anyway I can.  I also agree that I would much rather see a young person on the ice fishing than with their nose in a game or on the phone.    Wish more would do it.

That said sometimes the best advice is a kick in the pants to keep one's hat on straight.
I'm just here to read what all the experts have to say.

Offline zhaaksdad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 21, 2017, 04:37 PM »
Come  on Lets all share with all make more successful younger fishermen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!
my ice fishing buddy is a 13 year old step child that can't even sleep waiting for a derby on Saturday. We have won once and placed second once in 3 years and there is no greater thrill that she has had than us donating back to the community the prizes we won. boom.

note: we caught our fish at 5:24 am and lost when we placed second by less than 3 oz having to wait hours to register...

And we'd be happy to fish with ya'll at our spot, just give us a little room to  move!

Offline Icetrout15

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 21, 2017, 05:45 PM »
I agree as long as u don't get to close I'll fish with anyone always drive around the lake and see how people r doin have made a lot of fishing friends doin this boy 4 year old as been my fishing buddy for the last two years he loves it
🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣⛄️⛄️IMG_7783.gif

Offline StolenB8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 21, 2017, 05:45 PM »
Rule of thumb: if a lake is near a large (or small) population center and/or has accommodations right on the lake and/or is within a close drive of said location(s) and/or is easily accessible and/or has big fish that may or may not be posted to every social media known to man woman and child... one best be expecting company. ESPECIALLY if said one posts big fish on every social media known to man woman and child. One better hope that said 12 year old doesn't pass his drivers test... Many sure hope he does  ;D. when said 12 year old passes drivers test one better get his ass to HIS lake/spot awfully early! Hear said 12 year old got a new sonar too!!!! Uh oh!!!! That is all  @)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.