Author Topic: info on Bantam ice ?  (Read 711 times)

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
info on Bantam ice ?
« on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:02 PM »
Hey Guys
Can anyone report on Bantam ice conditions?it would be much appreciated.Heading out tomorrow with a couple friends and i want to keep em safe.
thank You

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: info on Bantam ice ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:15 AM »
Stick to south bay, everywhere I drilled yesterday afternoon was 6-7", be careful of any black spots, had one near my spread that was a natural drain hole and it could've easily eaten my foot. There was a hut way down in North bay, but it seems like that eskimo pop up is always out there. Bite was slow, a dink pike and a whole bunch of dink perch. Dinky day.
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I was at s.bay yesterday as well. One thing that was frustrating were the "ice hogs".
I mean I've never seen so much ice acreage taken up per fisherman.
Guys running tipups over 200 yards from their shelter.
Sad. How about a little consideration for others?

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2017, 09:08 AM »
I saw that on Park a few weeks back, two guys had literally an entire side of the lake staked out, tilts a hundred feet apart. It was okay though, I think my brother and I had three times the flags they had, and we didn't have to walk a half mile every time...  ;D
A smart person would watch the few that ventured to the ice sheet, the daring would follow in their boot prints, but the pioneers would already be heading to where they belong.

Offline ImmovingtoMaine,OUCH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2017, 10:21 AM »
Stick to south bay, everywhere I drilled yesterday afternoon was 6-7", be careful of any black spots, had one near my spread that was a natural drain hole and it could've easily eaten my foot. There was a hut way down in North bay, but it seems like that eskimo pop up is always out there. Bite was slow, a dink pike and a whole bunch of dink perch. Dinky day.

Thanks for update...how was the ice getting off by end of afternoon?

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2017, 11:53 AM »
About an inch of water over slush on the way off s.bay.
I would think today will be worse. :o

Offline androux

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2017, 05:31 PM »
Thanks for update...how was the ice getting off by end of afternoon?

Don't know about bantam, punched my boot through on Highland getting off today, ice was never great in the NW corner, I can't see it getting better, if you're out tomorrow, be safe. After that, get the boat out, going to be open water by the first weekend in March.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.