Author Topic: Information overload  (Read 1086 times)

Offline #1fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Information overload
« on: Feb 17, 2017, 02:04 PM »
Why is this board so dead this year? Is it due to the huge increase in these types of pages on social media? I think there is so much info that people who would never have spent the time to learn things on their own now get a GPS location and what bait and what depth and what color of lure that they simply don't need to view this. I however liked the sharing not of info but stories, experiences, sage safety advice and concern for people treating our lakes with respect. you never respect what is just handed to you. To respect something you have to earn it. Hence the lack of use here.
Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing.
Clark Gable

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Information overload
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2017, 02:47 PM »
I think I hold the record for reports on here this winter  :)
Yeah, quiet is the word but that is just this particular part of Ice Shanty.   AO gets the boat load of posts an anglers in Alberta.  No doubt facebook is stealing some thunder too but I personally hate facebook and always will.  I'm sure  RyanFishingForNothing is probably on there now, as an example.

Offline shackless

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:54 PM »
I have been pretty MIA this year for sure... although I have been getting out, I've not been posting my usual " heh I'm planting the ice shanty flag, come say hi" type Posts .  . I have PM'd a couple ppl this year and put up a couple of  posts here but I am not on AO much at all( wishinIBfishin)
I also think that since there is a lack of "moderator presence, there is nothing to drive or forward the board. Not saying that it's the only reason for the slowness, but it's definitely a contributing factor.... I haven't seen a single post from the iceanvil in 2 seasons  (s'pose i  coulda missed one or two).

Facebook has a few groups for fishing as well so, more competition and certainly at more people's fingertips more often because of apps.
 I do hope you are all doing well this year ... I do plan on taking my sister and daughter  to Gull on Sunday for the free fishing weekend. They like to come once every couple years :-) ... hope there's stilll
Decent ice  come Sunday lol

Tight lines!!
Fishing
           It's not life and death.
      It's more important than that.

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2017, 11:17 AM »
I've been quiet this year as well, but unfortunately I also have not been out on the ice anywhere near as much as I would like. Fishing has been relatively slow for me this year as well, other than the nice pike I got a few weeks back. Hoping to get out a bit more this spring, and wouldn't mind meeting up with some more of you folks! I'm in the Edmonton area, let me know if you would like to get together for some fishing!
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline demasterangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2017, 08:53 AM »

Like has been said already , Facebook has taken up quite a
  Bit of the chatter in Alberta . I don't care for FB either .
   It's strange , it's a fabulous year, ice conditions haven't been this
    good for years but I don't see that many people fishing .
    I think that 35 below crap for 3 weeks folded a lot of tents .
    I think C / R everywhere turned people off. I always go with
     the idea that if the govt is for it  it's bad.  3 weeks left in the
     south .....seems like a short year !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.