Author Topic: Tri Beam vs. Proview  (Read 1091 times)

Offline landgills

• IceShanty Rookie
Tri Beam vs. Proview
« on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:48 PM »
Hey guys, I hope this topic is not like beating a dead horse. Ive already seen a few different threads on this topic, however I am still at a mild loss. Last year I purchased the Vexilar FLX-28 with the Proview transducer. I love the machine so far, however I do not like the proview transducer. Imo it is way too strong. I typically fish less than 20' of water and my jig shows up way too large and often times red. Adjusting the gain is not an option considering anything greater than 0 is too much. I usually fish in low power mode and weed mode to keep the separation.
What I am asking is would I be better off with a Tribeam, adding an S-cable, or another option? If the Tribeam is the suggested option, why? If so, most articles describe what is to love about it, however I cant find any information about what they dislike about it. The Vexilar website explains that with the tribeam your gain needs to remain on 0. Is this a major pain?
If anyone would suggest the S-cable, Why? What are its benefits and what are its flaws? I know very little about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.