Author Topic: Pittsburg (pic added)  (Read 1531 times)

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
Pittsburg (pic added)
« on: Feb 16, 2017, 06:56 PM »
Just got home from pittsburg. I was supposed to stay until Saturday but left early. The conditions were terrible and the fishing was very slow. Only caught a handful of Lakers in 3 days. About 8" of slush below 2 feet of snow on 2nd and 3rd lake. 1st isn't as bad depending on where you fish. Wheelers are pretty much out of the question unless you have tracks. Tons of ice everywhere I fished had about 2 feet. As always check for yourself don't take my word for it. Hope the fishing picks up soon. Would like to fish tomorrow just don't know if I have it in me.
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pittsburg
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2017, 05:22 AM »
Hopefully this warm spell coming up will settle this snow down a bit,it is mostly fluff!

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2017, 07:13 AM »
Heading for the Burg from March 8-12. Hope things change by then or there will be a lot of card playing, beer sucked down, cribbage and wood burnt. March can be very sloppy up there. Did you hit Francis?

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:06 AM »
I didn't fish Francis because I have never done well there for browns always catch chubs. I go north for lakers so I stay on 1st and 3rd mostly. The fishing should get better I think it was slow from the storm. I'll try and add a pic of a fish I got Wednesday probably went about 5 or 6 pounds.
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pittsburg (pic added)
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Nice looking laker

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Very nice looks like you have a few toys behind you.

Offline FishGuy603

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Togue1
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Very nice

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2017, 11:48 AM »
Nice laker Kiefer how do you lug that shack around?
Salmonemia

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:22 PM »
Nice one but I don't hear much on francis about lakers does anybody have any info on them in there?

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2017, 01:04 PM »
Nice laker Kiefer how do you lug that shack around?

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2017, 01:21 PM »
Very nice looks like you have a few toys behind you.
Yes I have a heater and a vexilar just the essentials  :)

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2017, 01:31 PM »
Nice one but I don't hear much on francis about lakers does anybody have any info on them in there?

Brooke slayer I don't know much about francis. I know f&g says they are in there I'm sure someone has caught them especially while trolling open water I just don't think it's a lake they get them through the ice often. Maybe someone else knows something we don't? 

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2017, 01:43 PM »
Nice, last I saw your wheeler was red? Must be new. Tracks are the way to go in this I bet. Nice  :tipup:
How does that do on the lakes with snow and slush? Whats the limits of that thing?
Salmonemia

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2017, 03:05 PM »
The tracks are a lot of fun. It stays on top of the snow. I was in a ton of snow and when I got off the wheeler I was past my knees and the wheeler was on top. I don't really know the limits I'm sure I could get it stuck of I tried lol. The red at is history got the new grizzly last year

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.