Author Topic: Fishing this weekend. How Sloppy will it be?  (Read 3010 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Fishing this weekend. How Sloppy will it be?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 18, 2017, 05:20 PM »
me too..painting a buddies new house.:drinking like I was ice fishing
  changed the oil in my truck. .adjusted the chains on the wheeler. .changed the engine oil and oil in the transmission and final drives...I'll be ready to rock nextweekend..them I'm on (fishing)vacation the week after...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 18, 2017, 05:46 PM »
Went out today. Left the machines home. It was brutal. 2 1/2 ft of snow with a foot of slush under. We had to pack the snow down into the water to make trails we could actually stand on. Either way, better than sitting at home.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline lunkerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 18, 2017, 06:56 PM »
No flags, lotsa slush,..I even got lucky enough to step into an old hole that hadnt frozen over. It was camo'd by the fresh snow. talk about a heavy wet boot.  This is a personal first. I would have rather had a personal first rainbow thru the ice. Maybe in the morning, I ll try again. :tipup:

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 18, 2017, 07:36 PM »
Foot of snow, and about 10" of slush with snowshoes which broke....even with the snow packed down I tried taking off my snowshoes and sunk..ended up keeping the snowshoes on all day...
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Guppyseeker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 18, 2017, 09:29 PM »
I wouldn't take out the wheelers a buddy got his side by side stuck two snow machines to get him out and another 4 wheeler got stuck while we were out there made for a long day helping everyone getting machines out not worth it sloppy mess under the snow we were at winasqaum today

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 18, 2017, 09:55 PM »

Two different places today in So. NH...- first had a heavy foot plus of snow throughout with 6 plus inches of slush underneath... slow going...

Second place had similar conditions, though the spot we fished the slush layer ways frozen enough that we were able to stay on top... which was a pleasant surprise.  Nice to fish in shirt sleeves today, but would be happier with some cold weather to lock things up.

49 degrees... today - more slush tomorrow... enjoy

Offline ScotNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:44 AM »
I was on the 3rd Connecticut yesterday. Similar conditions. 8-12 of slush and water, and 8-12 of snow on top. Used snowshoes to get out to my spot, then just walked back and forth, packing snow into the slush to firm up the path between my jig hole and my tipup hole.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 19, 2017, 03:01 PM »
I've been on winni Saturday and Sunday till 1:00 I did fine front locker chains all for 13 inches of ground clearance didn't shovel once

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 19, 2017, 05:18 PM »
Like the man said ...juice ain't worth the squeeze. ..got my truck and wheeler serviced...got my gear in order. .took a huge bite outta the honey do list...one thing about getting old...you learn when to take your shot...and when to stand down..even if it's warm all week...the snow pack will melt enough to.let the ice float back up..and drain the surface.next weekend will be fine..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:09 PM »
Next weekend I'm thinking will be great back to moving around it was to nice out fish had lock jaw

Offline NAH Bassmaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:11 PM »
Going out here locally in Conway tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be a total mess on ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.