Author Topic: What is the deal with Frabill?  (Read 2295 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
What is the deal with Frabill?
« on: Feb 16, 2017, 11:33 AM »
At first I thought it was just a late ice deal with all of their suits being marked down, but now I am seeing their rain suits and other products having huge markdowns as well. In fact even their brand new floating suit had almost $100 markdown per suit piece. Do you think they are just doing a complete rehaul on their suits, or is there more at play over in Plano?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: What is the deal with Frabill?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:11 PM »
with the warmest weather ever recorded in 130 years of recording it and the warmest winter ever,  ice fishing and cold weather sales have to be down big time.
it's going to be near 60 all of this weekend starting tomorrow and it's the middle of winter roughly. and in the 40's and 50's for the rest of the forecast.
think of all the other retailers affected by it like snow blowers, plows, shovels, salt, clothing and some of the services that need snow like the ski industry and snow removal.
my area has only had two times i needed to plow/shovel snow for all of this winter.
the ice has been gone or may as well have been for over one month and more like 6/7 weeks now.  the warmest period ever recorded has been from 2001 and to date. so for 16 years it has been the warmest weather ever recorded.
i was able to ice fish 10 times at most this season.

this has to be a player of the prices and maybe the future of items kept in stock at stores.
also, being winter is all but over for many of us, the end of year clearance sales are early too.
look at gander mountain restructuring/bankruptcy for example. they claim it's gun sales are low because of competition, but that competition has been in play for years so it's nothing new for them to be competing for sales. i wanted to buy a gun from them, but the salesman was a jerk so i have been buying them else where and the ammo and the targets.

i had poor service from frabill and their 2110 2 man flip shelter. the only thing i like about them is their strike indicator.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2017, 12:39 PM »
That still doesn't explain all the rest of their apparel including rain suits going for 70% off as well.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Are you seeing he markdowns online? Where at? I could use a new rain suit.

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2017, 06:51 PM »
Are you seeing he markdowns online? Where at? I could use a new rain suit.

Wingsupply.com

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2017, 07:25 PM »
That still doesn't explain all the rest of their apparel including rain suits going for 70% off as well.
this says their mark up is 300%. so 70% off is not much off.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=344921.msg3672163#msg3672163

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 16, 2017, 07:56 PM »
I got the Frabill predator for 344 this season. It was marked off 50%
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2017, 08:06 PM »
I bought a Surge 2 rain jacket for boating. It came yesterday.  I have never seen their rain gear in a store so i didn't know what to expect.   I don't think the Surge which is level 2 is what i was looking for.  So I ordered the Gale 3 rain jacket and bibs today.  I will return the Surge Jacket.   I think the surge is more for mid summer rain. I wanted something for spring and fall.  A little more layer.   Fieldsupply.com  70% off.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2017, 04:08 AM »
Wingsupply.com

I ordered the surge 2 jacket and bibs seperate and they both shipped to my home in about 4-5 days each from wingsupply.com. I just ordered the I-float suit and a pair of fxe task gloves yesterday and that is quite the deal with an extra $25 off at checkout along with free shipping so I basically got the gloves free.
As for why they are at closeout prices,
 I am guessing they are going to redo their suit lineup why they are all marked down so much.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2017, 07:37 AM »
I ended up ordering the F4 also from fieldsupply. My dad and brother got the F2. Great deals and much better company to deal with than my previous fiasco with Overtons. I think you're right mushroom, I think there is going to be an over haul on their suits. I don't think the ifloat suit did too well even though it may be a great suit, as Striker has cornered that part of the market. We shall see

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 23, 2017, 04:06 AM »
I ended up ordering the F4 also from fieldsupply. My dad and brother got the F2. Great deals and much better company to deal with than my previous fiasco with Overtons. I think you're right mushroom, I think there is going to be an over haul on their suits. I don't think the ifloat suit did too well even though it may be a great suit, as Striker has cornered that part of the market. We shall see
Yeah, I think they priced the I-float way out of range to begin with(roughly $700). I had my mind made up on wanting the Striker climate suit, but I just couldn't pass up the deal on the Frabill suit. I think I paid $181 and some change for the I-float. If I don't like it, I can sell it to my buddy who wanted one earlier this year.

Offline Krazykaiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 23, 2017, 08:18 AM »
Yeah, I think they priced the I-float way out of range to begin with(roughly $700).

I think Frabill should have never dropped the Snosuit. Why not just re-engineer the snosuit with flotation?  I have had a snosuit since 2008 and have had zero problems. Only complaint is the suit does not float.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.