Author Topic: Strikemaster Glide Lite  (Read 1452 times)

Offline collinthomp

• IceShanty Rookie
Strikemaster Glide Lite
« on: Feb 15, 2017, 11:19 PM »
I know this is an old topic but I just put my Glide Lite together using inspiration from those of you that posted their own mods in the past and felt like I should share to possibly help someone else who was interested in building one up

http://s1253.photobucket.com/user/collinthomp/library/

I mounted the sled 1/2" higher than the skis and built a bracket to hold my finder that can swing out in front of me near a hole when I'm fishing. When I want to move I don't have to pick anything off the ice. Just set my rod down and drag the sled to the next hole. I put a tip down style rod holder in front for a easy 2nd line in the water and drilled two holes in the skis for 4" deck screws to use as anchors. I just use the drill to screw them down. I am waiting on material to come to make a wind break with 3 5' sticks of conduit that will make a L shape behind me. The extra width of the skis makes the sled much more stable also. 

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strikemaster Glide Lite
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2017, 11:30 PM »
is the glide lite removable from the sled? would love to see the wind break. been trying to figure out how to construct one for mine

Offline collinthomp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2017, 11:47 PM »
I have 2- 1/4" bolts in front and one in back just to hold it from sliding from side to side but it just sits on the square tube. Could drop a pin in place of the bolts just as easy so you could pull the sled off easier. In one of the side pics you can see a little piece of tube welded on the front section of the frame. That is where the conduit is going to set in place along with one bracket on the back of each ski.(which I haven't put on yet because I have to sew up the fabric and I want it to fit snug so I might have to place the brackets 1" closer or farther on the ski. Trust my welding, not my sewing skills) Basically just 3 flag polls that I can pull out and wrap up and lay on the frame under the auger. Here are the "caps" that I bought to hold the conduit. https://www.amazon.com/Inch-Zinc-Plated-Steel-Cap-10/dp/B00UWKF92M/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1487223776&sr=8-10&keywords=3%2F4%22+conduit+cap

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2017, 03:05 AM »
nice work looks great

Offline Beeler

« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2017, 06:52 AM »
Nice job, well thought out. I have a Shappell Bay Runner. Love the shack but with all the gear in the shack it's a hard to pull for a long distance. When I can drive on the ice with my truck it's a great shack. I can hole hop without folding the shack down. But I need something for early ice and late season that I can pull by hand without feeling I might have a heart attack. I plan on cutting back the gear I take along when I have to walk. I do have electric drill with an 6 inch auger, so that's pretty light. Your design has got me thinking, but I want to built it super light. Thanks for sharing your ideas!  Beeler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.