The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Mc sports and gander mountain to close soon  (Read 1522 times)

Offline steelheader32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mc sports and gander mountain to close soon
« on: Feb 15, 2017, 09:11 AM »
Both stores looking to file bankruptcy, I buy most of my stuff local but sometime I did shop at them. Sounds like bithbstores will be liquidating everything

Offline slabzilla73

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mc sports and gander mountain to close soon
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:34 PM »
Not sure either will actually go anywhere, but I'm sure some stores will close. Both stores around me are always empty, have poor customer service.

Offline wittyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:41 PM »
Options in Kalamazoo aren't the greatest.  I prefer Gander over Field and Stream, so I hope they stick around.  I think they have better sales. 
FTWGA

Offline walleyehawger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:44 PM »
I stopped going to the Taylor store years ago. The place was a dump. It never had stock on anything worthwhile.

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Nothing in the Grand Rapids stores have been discounted in regards to fishing except what was already advertise.  Did see a few lower end crossbows and few select hunting items slightly discounted.  Most of the larger discounts were on Columbia jackets and other related outdoor wear that were probably priced at full blown retail to begin with....

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2017, 02:05 PM »
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=344921.0

some wendy's restaurants are closing too. ours closed today. the end is near! lol

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2017, 02:31 PM »
Options in Kalamazoo aren't the greatest.  I prefer Gander over Field and Stream, so I hope they stick around.  I think they have better sales.

Gander is way over priced anyways!! D and R sports in Kazoo has more than you'll ever need in ice fishing equipment!! I'll support the locally owned stores every time. Plus the employees there actually fish and can give some credible advice if needed!!!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Big Rapids MC had closing signs in the windows today. Must have had it planed for a while to have signs ready to go up a day after the news hit.

I used to shop the store some but the hunting and fishing section got smaller to make room for bike riding tights.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2017, 08:41 PM »
The last few years for Gander, seems they dropped almost all local brands. Only carry a few primary brands for most gear. I would guess they signed a bunch of exclusivity agreements.  I stopped buying much there when they changed formats, and reduced available selection.

Offline steelheader32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 16, 2017, 09:19 AM »
I do most of my shopping at d&r sports in Kalamazoo, I like to help the locals out first and if I can't find it their gander normally has it, mc sports has always sucked lol field and stream and dicks sporting goods are way over priced, I work directly across from field and stream in Kalamazoo and the place is never busy

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.