Author Topic: Resort?  (Read 498 times)

Offline boinger

• IceShanty Rookie
Resort?
« on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:30 PM »
Hello.  My crew and I have been ice fishing devils lake and lake of the woods over the last 12 years.  We were thinking about a change of scenery and heading to Colorado next year.  Are there any resorts with permanent ice houses that you can rent similar to the above mentioned places?

I appreciate your help!!

Offline mtnhillbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Resort?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2017, 11:14 PM »
I haven't heard of any and pretty much any regulation I've seen forbids permanant shelters!
All shelters must be portable and removed daily! Private lakes may be different?
 As well as many lakes here don't allow motorized vehicles! But a few do!fr sure!  Lake granby could be a good alternative as there are many places to stay on or near the lake and it allows snowmobiles or atvs ! Mostly known for its lake trout fishing!

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2017, 03:35 PM »
I thought Lake John had some houses that were permanently set up, but I haven't fished there in awhile. Also, not quite sure I would make that my final destination, to fish several days.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Nothing in Colorado beats Devil's Lake or LOTW...get real.  But bring your tourist dollars this way, I guess.  You could fish Lake Granby for a chance at a trophy Laker, and rent a cabin in the area.  My recommendation would be to fish at least one day with Bernie Keefe.  He'll put you on a decent chance for the fish or two of a lifetime.
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.