The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: West hazeleton  (Read 634 times)

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
West hazeleton
« on: Feb 12, 2017, 05:47 PM »
Only ever ice fished New York, but my parents just bought a house in west hazeleton and I'm gonna be spending 3-4 days there with my girlfriend this week for valentines. Gonna bring a few jigging rods and an auger. Anybody know of any ponds or lakes with safe ice around the area? 15-30 minute drive? Was hoping to get out and just play with some panfish or whatever bites while my girlfriend is still sleeping in the morning. Any help would be great. Not looking to take any fish home too if you think I'm gonna be spot burning. Just wanna have some fun and take some pictures

Offline quickshake

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: West hazeleton
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2017, 09:36 PM »
I don't know the ice conditions but Lily lake is about 10 miles or less and had decent panfish bass and pickerel

Offline bent rod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2017, 05:49 PM »
There was only 5" before the rain.  I doubt that it is still good.  I'd take my girlfriend upstate New York where there is good ice.  Give it a shot.

Offline DUGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2017, 06:05 AM »
Just curious, what brought your parents to west Hazleton? Community park is only a five minute drive from there. Not sure on the ice conditions though. Not far to check it out though. There is a wide variety of fish in there, and then do stock it with trout very well.
mike

Offline Go Navy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:01 AM »
4" a couple robbers so far

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.