The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Jiffy 44Pro  (Read 2096 times)

Offline CourtH

• IceShanty Rookie
Jiffy 44Pro
« on: Feb 11, 2017, 11:29 AM »
About to pull the trigger on a new Jiffy 44 Pro.  I know that they are new this year, just wondering if anybody has any feedback?

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Jiffy 44Pro
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2017, 07:00 PM »
It's a good unit. Has the same motor add the pro 4 lite but has a different gear housing. They changed the gearing to get more out of the 44. I have the pro 4 lite and it's great so I'm sure the44 is. Also you can run 8 through 10 inch auger with the 44. The lite is 8 inch or smaller
Fishin red lines

Offline 32footsteps

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2017, 09:45 AM »
My cousin bought one right before Christmas.  The first week of January he had to send it back for warranty work on a blown powerhead. 

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2017, 03:49 PM »
I had the Pro 4 Lite for one season and had to clean the carburetor due to residual oil from manufacturer.  It had a tendency to bog down at full throttle while drilling and if I didn't let up on the throttle or lift it up it would stall.  However, after I wiped it down I didn't test it by actually drilling any holes, but seemed to run better since I could reproduce the bogging down without cutting any ice.

I also wanted a 10", so I sold it on Craigslist and bought the Eskimo HC40. 
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:04 PM »
my jiffy pro 4 lite had some oil in its  carb too . the engine crankcase hose connects to the carb.but it rips thru ice fast and smooth.starts up in 2 pulls cold and 1 after that.i leave mine in the upright position and still get some oil on the carb air filter every once in a while.tho after sitting for months.mine was a jiffy demo model so I think it had a little oil in it when I added the 3 oz. bottle it came with.so far I like the propane  augers.just unscrew the bottle and change the oil and its good till next season.no dried diaphrams,gummy carbs or old gas to deal with.

Offline Knife2sharp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Eskimo recommends storing the auger in the horizontal position in the offseason, as I guess oil can still migrate to the crankcase if it's kept upright.  I did call them to confirm even though the instructions say it can be stored upright.  I wonder if the Jiffy's should be kept in the same position as well?
I don't post on IceShanty often, but when I do - #Legendary

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Eskimo recommends storing the auger in the horizontal position in the offseason, as I guess oil can still migrate to the crankcase if it's kept upright.  I did call them to confirm even though the instructions say it can be stored upright.  I wonder if the Jiffy's should be kept in the same position as well?
I like to keep mine upright and leaned  back just a tad to the opposite side of the carb.and when its laying down spark plug up when in use.keep the oil from migrating to the carb.ive only drilled 10 holes with mine so far but it keeps pace with my other china jiffy sd60i running the 8 inch bit.it really rips with my 5 inch bit and pretty light at a little under 24#.

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2017, 08:45 PM »
I think it's year 3 for me and it preformed like new this year.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.