Author Topic: MarCum customer support  (Read 768 times)

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
MarCum customer support
« on: Feb 09, 2017, 12:00 PM »
It's a pain in the butt trying to get in contact with them and you get the run around but once you do they have some good people working for them (Jeramhia) was very helpful. My wife bought me the vs485c uwcamera last year I got to use it twice before the lights stopped working after I spent 3 weeks trying to figure out how have it fixed under warranty they wanted me to pay to ship it back to them I refused to and I let them know I wouldn't pay to ship the unit to them and I'd use it until it died and shop with their competition and let everyone I could know how dissatisfied I am with them well they are paying for me to ship it back to them for the warranty repair and I'll keep you updated.

Offline Jim_MI

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: MarCum customer support
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2017, 09:14 AM »
Yes, I agree. Very hard to reach by phone.  Their web-presence is in its infancy, so their "Community Forum" is pretty worthless for finding answers. 

You have to create an account and post your questions / issues through that.  It may take 1-2 business days for them to open an issue thread and respond.  After that there is about a 24 hr turnaround time on trading emails.  So it lacks the immediacy of a telephone conversation, but eventually you can get what you need. 

I have dealt with Jeremiah about a new camera issue.  When he could not satisfy my expectations, Jeremiah went the extra mile to call the manager at the retail store where I purchased the camera and arrange for a downgrade + partial refund.  The lower model camera is 1/3 cheaper and meets most of my needs so in the end I am still a Marcum customer. 

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: MarCum customer support
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:37 AM »
jim, i'm glad you found resolve in that issue.

i have been able to pick up the phone and call marcum and have a person pick it up most of the time. if and when they are busy, you may have to leave a message with a return number.
they have had employee changes over the years and i think are under staffed for when they get too busy. rapala bought them up, so they made changes too from what they once were.

Jeremiah replaced Zach for example. Zach was always helpful too.

if it were me and i wanted to speak with marcum i would just keep calling at different times of the day to find when Jeremiah is at his desk. pretty sure he is over worked at times.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.