Author Topic: Meredith Rotary ice fishing derby  (Read 1432 times)

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
Meredith Rotary ice fishing derby
« on: Feb 08, 2017, 04:08 PM »
Who else is headed to Lake Winni this weekend for the derby? Should Be a fun time as always. Snow in the forecast but oh well. Good luck and be safe!  Go TEAM CT :tipup:

Offline fishndog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Meredith Rotary ice fishing derby
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2017, 05:34 PM »
Good luck marty! Wish I was going.
Enjoy, Be Smart, and Tight Lines!

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2017, 03:55 AM »
I'll be there starting tomorrow morning with the wife and the jewelry on the ATV wheels 🎣

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2017, 06:43 PM »
Thankyou fishndog and good luck fishermen!

Offline jmedy1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Me and my crew are heading up tonight. I'm in a red bob house with a green roof off Leavitt beach if any ones in the area come through and say hi.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2017, 01:52 PM »
So the wife and I made out and back good we did really good just not sure if it's because she went this time or not but like fishing with her she is a die hard wish I could post good luck to the other guys that went would like to here your storys

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2017, 05:47 PM »
So the wife and I made out and back good we did really good just not sure if it's because she went this time or not but like fishing with her she is a die hard wish I could post good luck to the other guys that went would like to here your storys

Nice! I ended up coming back home this morning but not alone... reeled in a nice keeper lake trout. Just over 22" at 3.3Lbs. I actually just finished up eating him for dinner. Delicious! The weekend was going well and then it got screwed up. A few buddies were back at the house where they watched a man way out in the distance go through the ice on his sled. They called 911. Nobody could do a thing for him. Just a waiting game for the rescue team to get there. He didn't end up making it. His other buddy went through too and perished. Needless to say, that put a damper on the trip. Gotta be smart and know the ice conditions. They were cruising across the broads which was open water the day before... here is the news report they filmed at my buddies place. http://www.wmur.com/article/person-killed-after-falling-through-ice-on-lake-winnipesaukee/8732793

Offline MartyMarPlv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2017, 05:50 PM »
Also, a father and son went through yesterday as well. Deadly weekend. It's too bad 
http://www.wmur.com/article/body-of-15-year-old-boy-pulled-from-icy-lake-winnipesaukee/8734710

Offline Bruce1969

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2017, 08:10 PM »
be careful out there whoever is going out...just read this: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/02/2_dead_1_missing_as_snowmobile.html

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2017, 04:41 PM »
My brother , friends and I fished a remote pond for the tournament.  This pond yielded us 3rd place ($ 3k) 2 years ago with a nice perch.  There are also BIG pickerel in there.
This year all we caught were perch up to 11", nice large mouth bass, and pickerel up to 22"  GREAT weekend, though!  Missed the weigh in due to it dumping snow.  THAT is always pretty fun.
  NEXT YEAR !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.