Author Topic: Kahtoola Warranty  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Kahtoola Warranty
« on: Feb 08, 2017, 11:46 AM »
Had one of my microspikes fail me. The rubber part on the heel tore on one of them earlier in the season, and then just the other day it fully snapped rendering it unusable. Was tired after fishing monday so I went to their website and they have a very easy way to fill out a warranty claim online. Filled it out, attached pictures, and sent the email at 3:45 on monday afternoon. I got an email reply at 3:50 from an actual person that had my return authorization, the customary apology for the issue, and instructions on how to send it back to them. It also included the statement "we would be happy to repair or replace them".

No questions asked, no "we will inspect them and see if it was a defective product", no "please include return postage" or anything like that. I didn't even need to include a receipt!

Sucks having a $70 pair of ice cleats break, but it sounds like the warranty is pretty good! I just got around to shipping them off, so I will update it as far as what happens next but so far they are a 100% class act company! It is nice to see a company that wants to honor their warranty instead of nitpicking trying to get out of replacing a broken product. 2 year warranty on them for anyone who didn't know.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Kahtoola Warranty
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2017, 12:42 PM »
From everything I have read conserning returns no one has said anything but good about the way they were treated. Just wondering, did you have the red ones or the black ones?
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2017, 12:51 PM »

No questions asked, no "we will inspect them and see if it was a defective product"

That would have me sightly concerned. Do they make the call if it was a defective product and not just the result of wear and tear?
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2017, 01:28 PM »
From everything I have read conserning returns no one has said anything but good about the way they were treated. Just wondering, did you have the red ones or the black ones?
Keep it safe! JDL

Black
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:23 AM »
They sent me a new pair and a free carrying bag as well. New pair has MUCH thicker rubber than my old ones. No questions asked!

Awesome customer service!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2017, 06:37 AM »
Good to hear it worked out for you!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2017, 07:03 AM »
It is great that they have a great warranty. As one friend has broke his new ones three times this season. Another friend once. My old ones are still going good after four years. But i Armor All them several times a season..
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:18 AM »
like the armor all is a great idea! going to do that before I put mine up for the year!
Keep it safe JDL

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2017, 12:02 PM »
As far as a timeline, they shipped my new pair the day after they received mine. Took a little while to get to me, but that's okay. I'm just happy these $70 spikes have a good warranty behind them.

Also I'd really like to point out that I needed no proof of when I bought them. Just my word on a date. That is huge to me. Not that I would ever take advantage of it, but that you don't have to worry about keeping the receipt and being SOL if lost.

Highly suggest them to anyone needing a pair! Even if they rip after 2 years and you don't want to ask for warranty help, that is only $35/year to stay upright on the ice. An emergency room deductible is a lot more than that..... While these were out, I had to borrow yaktrax and stabilicers... I'll just say I sure did miss my kahtoolas.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2017, 09:26 PM »
The rubber is nicked awful close to the toe on the same spot on both of my cleats. I know it's probably the way I walk for me to catch the same place with the spikes. Like Kev just said, after two years, it's been a good investment. I'm okay with buying a new pair if one gives way next season.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline Papa John

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 18, 2017, 11:09 PM »
Yes, they stand behind their merchandise. Put a new pair on my pacs in Nov. and never took them off, thinking that would eliminate the chance of tearing by constant stretching. Still, a top strap broke, so I used a couple zip strips to hold until I could check the warantee. Sent them in for evaluation and received a new pair in my mailbox 10 days later. GREAT service, and the Micro Spikes provide the best traction available outside of rock crampons. I was disappointed that the first pair broke so easily. We'll see how the new set holds up.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 18, 2017, 11:23 PM »
I got a set about six weeks ago and have had many others but really impressed by the micro spikes.  As Papa John mentioned he put his on his boots and left them on.  For the same reason that is what I did and wonder if others opinion of this is good or bad.

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 20, 2017, 04:47 PM »
I got a set about six weeks ago and have had many others but really impressed by the micro spikes.  As Papa John mentioned he put his on his boots and left them on.  For the same reason that is what I did and wonder if others opinion of this is good or bad.
I have had the same pair for 6 years and they only come off my boots once at the end of the season. I have size 14 pac boots so the XLs have a big stretch getting on and off. Still look to be in good shape and the rubber is holding up fine.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2017, 07:51 AM »

Mine are on a pair of muck boots and never come off. I've been using MicroSpikes for at least 7 seasons. The only failures I've had were when I put my boots so close to the heater that the rubber melted. I marked that down as user error. My only complaint is they are so loud when you walk.

Offline tracksnorth

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 23, 2017, 05:57 AM »
One of the links broke on mine the last time I was out this season and I have yet to send em in, good to know they stand behind their product.
OEF vet Cco 2/505th PIR 82nd airborne division

Offline hays47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2017, 08:43 AM »
After posting here about my Kahtoolas breaking ( red variety ) another member suggested I contact them. According to their customer service it was my fault because I left them on my Mickey mouse boots during the off season. None the less they replaced them with a brand new pair within a week of original email exchange.

I was heavily impressed by the company standing in such strong support of their product. Rare indeed in today's business world.
Echomap 94  Chirp with panoptix ps-22.
G.E.F.M

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.