New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Dunham Res. Grafton NY.  (Read 583 times)

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dunham Res. Grafton NY.
« on: Feb 08, 2017, 10:45 AM »
The roads going into the Dunham res. are not maintained. Tried to get there today and could not get in on 2 different roads going in even with 4 wheel drive. Snow was all mush and about a foot deep. Hope to save somebody the trip!

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dunham Res. Grafton NY.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2017, 11:06 AM »
You can still access the lake off Dunham Resivor Rd off of Rt2, it is a maintained road with state parking to access the lake.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2017, 02:31 PM »
I tried 2 roads. One was across from the general store in Grafton and the other one was behind a closed diner. There was a guy in a lumber yard that gave me those 2 roads. Both of them had signs that said they were not maintained. I saw no signs off of Rt.2 that said Dunham res. I mapped it and I think I can see what you mean. It says Dunham res. rd.  But there is no sign that says it on RT.2 HELP!

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2017, 02:45 PM »
Dunham Res Rd is just about 1/2 mile before the diner. About a mile or so down the road you'll see the access to the lake

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2017, 02:58 PM »
Thanks! Maybe I started looking for the sign to late and went past it coming from Brunswick! I'll try again if we get past this flooded ice situation. While were at it, any fish in there?

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2017, 03:26 PM »
Ice should harden up by the weekend. I've caught a few walleye in the past couple years, not many but there are some in there. The pickerel will keep you busy though. Also some nice crappie.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2017, 04:24 PM »
I heard that there was some crappie in there and that's why I was going to try it. I"m glad you mentioned the pickerel because I hate them all they do is eat my little tungsten jigs.

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2017, 04:27 PM »
I've had real good success with fatheads suspended on tip ups for the big crappie. I've caught them as big as 15". Never really been a good producing jigging lake for me.

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2017, 06:29 PM »
I gave up tip ups when they started the stupid bait fish laws,to much hassle and expense when you can only keep them for 10 days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.