Author Topic: ice fishing bibs what should i get?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline trjordan09886

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Drill it till it squirts
ice fishing bibs what should i get?
« on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:45 AM »
now that the season is ending looking at getting a pair of bibs for next year. debating on the Frabil I-float or the Frabil I-3. Does anyone have any input? I like the safety of the floats but not sure if they are as warm as the I3 can anyone help me out with pros and cons?

thanks

TJ

NWI Valpo

Offline copperyj

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ice fishing bibs what should i get?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2017, 08:50 AM »
I have the I float bibs and my son has the I3. The I float bibs DO NOT have any floating material in them and very little if any padding in the knees and butt. The I float coat has the life jacket built into it. I think I3 are warmer and have padding. If I was to do it over again I would get the I3 bibs for myself too.

Offline trjordan09886

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Drill it till it squirts
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Just bought the Frabill I3 on walmarts website (sold and shipped by brandshopper,lp) for 80 bucks!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Frabill-I3-Series-Bibs-S-Black/431976594

Offline kevs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2017, 07:43 PM »
 Choose on the side of safety. Floating is always better.

Offline Sweet Daddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 11, 2017, 08:22 AM »
Striker Ice Bibs are on sale at Gander Mountain, along with the striker coats.  They are the real deal. 

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2017, 12:44 PM »
Kevs is right his suit kept him above ice. I was there for that I heard hey I need some help. I looked over and saw half a body like Kevs was kneeling. I replied what you need help getting up? He was half under and the hole was small just his waste size. Rotten ice is like that and if you think you will be ok going all the way under take it from me or anyone else that has fallen in... The first instinct is gasping for air as your body goes into that cold water adjustment period lasts about 45 to 60 seconds. Its cheap insurance imo and worth it to your friends and loved ones plus the poor guys that have to suit up  and find your body never fun. I like the Striker outfits the Predator is all you truly need but if you get cold easily the Cold Weather suit is better. Heavier material and water proof not water resistant like Artic Armour. Frabil came out with the first coast gaurd approved suit. I know nothing about it other than that and the layout didnt look bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.