Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Car kinda went through  (Read 2252 times)

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
Car kinda went through
« on: Feb 06, 2017, 03:21 PM »
Seen on KCCI some smart person decided to drive a car on Ada Hayden in Ames and didn't quite make it off. Missed shore by feet before breaking through. Doesn't this person know gasoline engines are not allowed on the lake,  think of all the contaminates the car put into the Ames drinking water. How many geese crapping in the water day after day do to the water, maybe the geese have a green card, can't be forced out.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: Car kinda went through
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2017, 03:43 PM »
Probably some college kid who's buddy dared him to do it. Peer pressure is a biotch, haha. I'd love to hear that phone call to their parents.

Offline Bates

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2017, 06:58 PM »
Looks like it might be a old guy who went over the road and down to the ice.  Car looked pretty good for the ride he went on if true.

Offline JacobHokanson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2017, 06:58 PM »
speaking of the no gas engines law, does that mean it can't be on the boat at all? like if I have a trolling motor and a gas motor can I launch and just use the trolling motor? i know this isn't an ice fishing question but was curious

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:16 AM »
They said who ever it was was cutting donuts and driving around.  Jacob, NO the motors can not even be on the boat

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.