Author Topic: Waubay Guide Service  (Read 1767 times)

Offline perchfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
Waubay Guide Service
« on: Feb 06, 2017, 01:45 PM »
Hired Cory and Tyler from Waubay Guide Service for a group of 6. What a JOKE, they would only drill 3 holes per shack, then Tyler disappeared for 4 hours. He claimed he was  looking for the schools of perch, hard to do when your not on the ice. Tyler  came back to eat the lunch we prepared, then left again for 3 hours. Tyler came back around 3pm, reluctantly drilled us 2 more holes and left again! When Tyler came back at 5pm, he refused to look at us and nervously scratched the ice off the window in the shack. Then 5:30 told us it was time to go. Cory just flat disappeared for the whole day !! Then when they dropped us off and we paid our $150 per guy-$900, they expected a tip! Seriously if that's all it takes to be a guide- I'm available and I'll do it for half the price. I understand they can't make the fish bite, but should be willing to move a guy, drill holes, suggest different methods - you know the things you pay a guide for! Hell anyone can go to the crowd, abandon your paying customers and tell you to just keep fishing! Waubay Guide Service should be ashamed of themselves. I'll make sure to tell everyone I know to beware of them!

Offline SDPerchPounder

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Waubay Guide Service
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Can't say this is the first time I've heard this. Sorry for your experience.

Offline Flippin and Dippin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2017, 05:38 PM »
Boy, that is the total opposite of my experience with the same two. They moved us at least 5 times. We had 5 in our group. Very knowledgeable and very helpful. They even went to town to grab us some cold ones. I'm very sorry for your bad experience. Sucks when you throw down $900 and get the shaft. Best of luck.

Offline adieatrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:54 AM »
Perchfanatic, are you the guys we had dinner with at the new frontier steakhouse?

Offline perchfanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2017, 09:39 AM »
ADIEATRICK- not sure if we had dinner with you or not, which night are you referring too?

Offline Sir Jig-A-Lot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2017, 09:00 PM »
My friend and I just returned on Feb 8 from fishing with Waubay Guide Servive and absolutely agree they are a JOKE. We fished 1.5 days (couldn't take it any longer) and caught 8 trinket perch. Guide stuck us in an ice house with 3 holes and a can of spikes. They had about eight poles all with the same forage minnow spoon and all the same color. We fished the same rigs for 1.5 days even though we were catching crap. The guide had never fished the lake we were on before and needed to use google maps just to find it. He also left us for hours at a time with no excuse. We told the guide that the effort he was making to move around and put us on fish was completely unacceptable and he seemed surprised. Never again with these losers - save your money.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.