Author Topic: Otter cabin questions  (Read 1622 times)

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Otter cabin questions
« on: Feb 05, 2017, 10:39 AM »
Morning

What are the pros and cons of getting the Pro vs bench style seating on a xt 1200, in your opinions?  Does the bench honestly provide enough room for 2 - 200lb men?

Also, on the older Otter products, specifically the Green Otter II Cabins - what has been your experience with them? 

Thanks!

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Otter cabin questions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2017, 11:25 AM »
I have the bench seat in mine & like it best for fishing alone. I lay out what I need on the empty side of the bench for easier access. My wife likes it because we can sit closer to each other & it's comfortable. I installed a rod holder on both brackets so we can each run a dead stick easier. I also found Luci lights work really well hung from the tent frame & light up the area nicely.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2017, 12:28 PM »
I missed some of the content of your original question. My neighbor & I can fish comforatable on the bench seat as well. I'm 6' 195, he's the same pushing 210 or better. for heat I have yet to run my Big Buddy on high & usually can get by cycling it on low. the Other rod holders mounted keep the dead stick easy within reach. I also drilled 2 small holes for rod holders between us. they're similar to this, but are the shorter ones that stick in the holes; http://www.fleetfarm.com/search/?q=ice+rod+holder&searchSubmit.x=0&searchSubmit.y=0&searchSubmit=submit

Offline mjk67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2017, 06:49 PM »
2 other questions....

a. what are the true folded dimensions of the cabin?  I've received 3 different numbers thus far (64, 66, and 70) for length.

b.  have you ever jigged 2 out of a cottage (bench)?  Just sat in one tonight for the first time.  It would seem two guys between 180-200 could do it.  A little snug, but thinking that the 2nd person would be a handful of times/year.

Thoughts?

Appreciate the feedback!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jun 10, 2017, 09:46 PM »
the cottage bench is 38 inches and 2 would most likely be ok if it's not 2 250 lb people one adult 1 kid or 2 smaller adults should be ok

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.