Author Topic: keep your eye out at Montpelier  (Read 947 times)

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
keep your eye out at Montpelier
« on: Feb 05, 2017, 01:08 AM »
plenty of ice, shin-deep snow, and 40 good-sized perch left out on the ice around some holes near the parking area access.  >:(

keep an eye out for anyone who leaves fish behind. it's a crime in Idaho to waste game fish, no matter how plentiful, and whoever left those fish has been doing so for a while: most were fresh enough i was able to revive or salvage them, but the rest had been there for a couple of days at least. who knows how many the scavengers carried off in that time...

anyway, if you see anyone ditching fish, be sure to let the F&G know about it (i've already called in my report). at the very least, it's an excuse to hit up Montpelier for some quality mid-winter fishing. the perch are easy to find, and aggressive during the afternoon. expect the average size to be around 7 inches and the top-end to be about 9.

Offline Amik

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: keep your eye out at Montpelier
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2017, 07:39 AM »
I saw someone doing the same at Foster and was able to salvage all of them. Although I think what he did was unethical and down right low class I interpreted the regs as perch being a nongame fish in Idaho, but waste is waste. I would not be able to recognize this guy if I saw him again but I didn't know he was going to leave his catch behind until after he had left.

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: keep your eye out at Montpelier
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2017, 08:24 AM »
they are a game fish just they do not have a size or a limit keep what you use and release the rest
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.