Author Topic: Second Depot ice conditions  (Read 930 times)

Offline Gypsy3006

• IceShanty Rookie
Second Depot ice conditions
« on: Feb 03, 2017, 10:28 PM »
Hey guys it's been a long time!  Was just wondering if anybody has any info on second depot ice conditions?  Wanna get out after some lawyers but it's a bit of a drive.  Thanks guys, glad to be back!

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Second Depot ice conditions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2017, 11:51 AM »
Was out there a couple weeks ago and there was 11" of ice, well over a foot now Iam sure. The only thing I don't know about is any impact of either raising or lowering of water level might have had on the ice.
@jzuliniak

Offline Gypsy3006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2017, 12:00 PM »
Thank you very much JZ much appreciated!  Catch anything?

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2017, 04:40 PM »
Yes, no really big ones but got 6-7 burbot btw us, buckshot spoon tipped with minnow head was my best bait didn't get anything in the set lines.
@jzuliniak

Offline Gypsy3006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2017, 12:25 AM »
Would it be too much to ask where you caught them?  My girlfriend and me were there till 10 pm and caught nothing at all.  We were out by the two islands in the middle that was a pain in the a** walk there and back with a sled full of stuff and a shack on my back...  Anywhere closer to the boat launch would be great.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 08, 2017, 08:35 AM »
Hey
I can't give you GPS coordinates because it's not my spot , my buddy is the burbot guru and usually picks the location but I will send you a PM with the depth etc and what you should be looking for in bottom make up. You shouldnt have a problem finding  a good location closer than those two island. Must have been a nasty walk because I know 2nd depot can flood when they change water levels and it turns into a slushy mess.

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline RobShields1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08, 2017, 09:34 AM »
is there any chance that info could be shared my way? were looking to head up Friday night to try our luck. We were planning to head to the 2 Islands. as we have fished the beach and the far end both with very limited luck,

thanks,

I just wish I could remember all my old info for this site its been a while.

Rob

Offline Gypsy3006

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08, 2017, 06:57 PM »
is there any chance that info could be shared my way? were looking to head up Friday night to try our luck. We were planning to head to the 2 Islands. as we have fished the beach and the far end both with very limited luck,

thanks,

I just wish I could remember all my old info for this site its been a while.

Rob

The two islands are a waste of time and a terrible long walk.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.