Author Topic: New Hummingbird 45 / random interference  (Read 594 times)

Offline Chefswiss

• IceShanty Rookie
New Hummingbird 45 / random interference
« on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:35 PM »
My friend and I We're fishing in a hole in my permanent shanty. I was using a Hummingbird 587 made into an ice rig. We kept getting a lot of what appeared to be  fish lighting up the screen. It was almost too much to be real so we thought it was some sort of interference. We took my finder out and put in his new hummingbird 45. After a few minutes he would get the same readings. Only one fish finder was on/ plugged to battery at a time so we don't think it could be interference between the two units. Where we just on top of a school or is there something I don't know about these flashers. We threw every jig/bait we had at it.  I attached pictures of boh units.

Species: wall eye, northern pike, perch, crappie, bluegill, bullhead and a few other smaller fish

[/URL

Offline Chefswiss

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Hummingbird 45 / random interference
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Ps. The "school" would appear and disappear randomly.  Usually handing around for a few minutes just to fizzle out

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
Re: New Hummingbird 45 / random interference
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2017, 07:24 PM »
This is where an underwater camera shines.  Prove it to yourself that your are not just seeing interference on the screen. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.