Author Topic: Big thermal pop up  (Read 1200 times)

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Big thermal pop up
« on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:32 PM »
Looking for the biggest thermal pop up that's not black on the inside. Must be able to fish 4+ people. To me the ones that are black on the inside are just too dark. Lots of removable windows and tall doors would be great also.

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Big thermal pop up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2017, 02:48 AM »
Clam Bigfoot XL6000tc or the XL6000 T Garage. both are 8' X14'. the Garage model (new this year) is full thermal and the one whole end opens up instead of just the normal door. it was made so a person could drive their atv or snowmobile inside while it was set up. the only negative to these is the fact that they don't have removable windows. another model to look at too is the full thermal 1660 six pack.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Rat Fink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:02 AM »
I know you said a non black interior but have you ever sat in an Eskimo 6120 on the ice? So many windows and the light from under the ice makes it very bright inside. Plus it has a TON of room. I am very happy with mine.

Offline fishnnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2017, 10:12 AM »
Plus 1 for the 6120i I love mine as it's well made with lots of windows and lots of room and warm...

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2017, 01:39 PM »
check out our sponsor polarbird,white interior for easy knot tying and watching your spring bobbers.real bright inside.not much for windows but has 2 and 2 doors that Velcro in the inside instead of outside flapping in the wind.super warm insulated hub shelter with floor.lifetime warranty on hubs and poles too.4t model will fit 4 guys.

Tinker

« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2017, 03:14 PM »
I have an eskimo fat fish and at first light it could never have enough windows, there are 6 I think and its just a dark cave till about an hour after sunrise.  That is great for sight fishing but I rarely sight fish.  Pretty sure my next shack will be a clam, nice and bright inside.   Did you see that Clam has the "scheels exculsive" 12 pack, a double 6 pack hub?  It just has a thermal roof but you could probably play a game of hockey in it! 

Oh never mind I just looked again and it is black interior.  I sat in a friends big foot thermal a few years ago, it was blue interior and exterior and was nice a bright inside.

Offline WyoMinFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2017, 11:22 AM »
Otter XTH Resort has been phenomenal this year!  Lots of windows, fished 5  (2 holes  a piece) and played poker!

Offline huntneiowa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 02, 2017, 11:47 AM »
Thanks after more on line looking thinking might go with the otter resort

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.