Author Topic: My Ice Hub Seating  (Read 1151 times)

Offline dtour

• IceShanty Rookie
My Ice Hub Seating
« on: Jan 30, 2017, 12:21 PM »
I had an old truck toolbox laying around that I wasn't using anymore, so I decided to turn it into some seating for my ice hub.  I made up some cushions for the top using some duck fabric, insulation and an old exercise mat.  They turned out great and keep my butt nice and warm as well.  I also added some cupholders in the middle for holding some cold ones.  To keep it off the ice I attached some old hockey pucks to the bottom. 

Turned out great and also doubles as gear storage too!

Offline dekatronic

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: My Ice Hub Seating
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2017, 11:01 PM »
Nice job! Looks solid! And diamond plate floor ... dude just how much weight are you hauling??

Offline dtour

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2017, 01:58 PM »
Lol, it's not too much.....the diamond plate floor is just foam tiles and the toolbox is lightweight aluminum, so if I had to guess, I'm hauling around maybe 85-100lbs total.

Offline Hardwater Problem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2017, 11:21 AM »
That is awesome!!!  I am interested in making a mid-weight semi permy that will offer more rigidity than my Ontario shack, but less weight than my Wheelhouse.  I am stealing your idea for seats!!!  Thanks!
IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, GO GET IN FRONT OF THEM!!!     

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2017, 11:29 AM »
How tall is the box? Looks like you would be squatting on it if you were jigging.
That would be murder on your knees (if it is real low).
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.