New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Blame it on me!  (Read 1191 times)

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
Blame it on me!
« on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:36 PM »
2012 - I bought a FL8SE, Clam Kenii. Went out twice then a warm spell to put an end to my ice season!

This year - I bought an FLX28, 2 tickle sticks and reels, an Eskimo Quick fish 3I, new auger blades now we have this warm weather. Hopefully this will change. NO more NEW equipment!
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline FISH4WISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Blame it on me!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:46 PM »
You can always go North,thats what me and my partner are doing.The youtube reports look like they're murdering the perch in Simcoe ;D!Too bad its so damn costly,but we'll use that license in Erie and lower river without the travel.

F4W

Offline Tightliness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:47 PM »
Starting tomorrow winter is here to stay for at least 10 days

Offline alfed

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2017, 02:13 PM »
2012 - I bought a FL8SE, Clam Kenii. Went out twice then a warm spell to put an end to my ice season!

This year - I bought an FLX28, 2 tickle sticks and reels, an Eskimo Quick fish 3I, new auger blades now we have this warm weather. Hopefully this will change. NO more NEW equipment!
I hear Ya! Bought my first flasher a Huminbird ICE, been out four times and now on hold until winter claims NY again. Hope I'm not waiting until next season but the long term forecast is favorable for making ICE if the wind stops a few days
"Can't catch'em if you are on the couch!"

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2017, 05:20 PM »
Just need to drive a little. Lots of ice around here. 10 inches plus on more lakes. I took my wheeler out on the ice in December and haven't left it home yet !

Offline Big Ice Hole

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2017, 05:35 PM »
Where can I drive to for panfish? I don't fish for pike or trout .
Born to fish, Forced to work.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2017, 06:52 PM »
Most lakes in the adirondaks have ice / pan fish. Except lake George

Offline mono_mono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2017, 05:05 AM »
A little driving and scouting goes a long ways - I live in Binghamton and fished straight through the warmup on never less than 9 inches. Long Pond is Smithville is notorious for keeping it's ice through a few warm days. Ice conditions now a week later are a non-issue. Get out there and have fun. Pretty soon you will be drilling through 20 inches
Go to Heaven for the climate, to hell for the company!

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2017, 03:47 AM »
I agree with Mono, sometimes you have to think outside of the box. If you read all the posts on this site you'll never leave you house! Just because Oneida isn't froze doesn't mean the smaller water isn't, grab your spud and go find out for yourself.

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 31, 2017, 08:21 AM »

Bought a FL28 last year and a new propane auger and we had little ice here. I thought no big deal, next year. Well then I ended up having  shoulder surgery surgery this year, so I get out a little, but mostly I troll ice shanty while my stuff sits in the shed. The best thing though is I have managed to get my son out a few times.
I'll get them next year.

Offline oldbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • usmc 1972-1976
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2017, 09:17 AM »
So your the one are ya. We got our eye on you Big ice hole.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2017, 10:15 AM »
ill take some blame too.... my daughter was getting to big for the kitty cat sled so I decided to get here a "new" one. well I found her a nice 250 bravo and she rode it one day then it warmed up and all of our snow melted.      :'(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.