New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cranberry Lake  (Read 1689 times)

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cranberry Lake
« on: Jan 26, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Ok guys so I hit Cranberry lake this morning in the pouring rain. Conditions as of  1:00Pm from the town beach out to East Inlet by the Bio Station was 9-13" of solid ice with about 1 inch of slush/water/snow on top which made for a wet and sloppy day. I would recommend atv or side by side at this point. It is snowing now, however no accumulations. I had no issues with an atv on my travel today. There is one pressure ridge i saw running from the Bio Station to Buck Island, which is usually there every year. I will be fishing again tomorrow and will update again. Last I heard the derby was still a go! See ya all saturday

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Cranberry Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2017, 07:48 AM »
Out again, this time in dead creek flow at what they call twin islands. 11" of ice and the lake seemed to firm up over night and is good traveling with a wheeler and i have seen several snowmobiles this morning.

Offline mhtrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2017, 06:26 PM »
Where is all the results and photos of the big derby they had this weekend they have nothing on there facebook page either , heard 18 lber won overall but no proof, no reports, no pictures.

Offline Zpotter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2017, 07:35 PM »
Would like to see the picture too!!

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2017, 12:48 AM »
18.10lber was the biggest fish of the day, there was a 15lber, a few 14's, and a handful of 10lbers. Seems to be less big fish being caught and I think a few 5-7lbers won some money as well, which is unheard of for the derby. I doubt there are any photos unless people personally put them on Facebook or iceshanty. Heard of 2 machines through the ice. Heard there was somewhere between 450-500 registered. I took 2nd with a 10.4 and my girlfriend took 1st with a 9.12lber, it was a good day for us. Congrats to those who caught the big fish.

Offline claflair05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2017, 11:21 AM »
Where did the machines go through the ice?  I plan on heading up next weekend and usually just fish out in front of the beach in town. 

Offline Fishin-Mission

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2017, 11:58 AM »
According to my buddy the two machines went through on the west side of the lake near  the end of Columbian Road.

He also said a side by side went through or partly through near the camp site.

With the cold weather ahead it will probably be good this weekend.

Offline HardwaterPiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2017, 05:46 PM »
They went through in the narrows of the river by the Ranger School heading back to Wanakena, Encon was diverting everyone off the river there.
ICE FISHING - We're all here because we ain't all there!

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 31, 2017, 04:13 AM »
Side by side through the narrows in wanakena, snowmobile through near the end of Columbian road.

Offline claflair05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Anyone up there know if the ice survived the weekend warm up?  Looks like cold temps this week.  Hoping to head up there this weekend. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.