Author Topic: Boot Comparison: Baffin Wolf Boots vs. Cabella's Inferno 2000 Pac Boot  (Read 1144 times)

Offline torchd

• IceShanty Rookie
I am looking for a good ice fishing boot.  I have narrowed it down to the Baffin Wolf boot or the Cabella's Inferno 2000 Pac boot.

Baffin is good up to -40°F, no laces, has a removable liner,midcalf design, weighs 4lbs 6.5 oz/pair and price is ~$185

Cabella's has 2000 gram thinsulate material, mid calf design, has laces, 5.7 lbs/pair and is $112

I will get the BPS redhead wool life time warranty sock to pair these with but I am not sure what size boot to get?  I wear a shoe depending on the manufacturer anywhere between an US 11 or US 12.  So what size boot should I get when using wool socks?

Any pointers or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Check Zappos and see if you can find a better price on the Baffins. I own and love the Apex and a pair of black Mickey Boots.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline torchd

• IceShanty Rookie
I chose not to go with the Baffins as they are not 100% waterproof...  That is a no no for winter time..

I ended up ordering tonight the Cabella's Inferno 2000 Pac Boot for $110 shipped:  http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Inferno-Pac-Boots-Black/731369.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dinferno%26CQ_st%3Db

I also ordered a pair of Ice Armor bibs from Amzon:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXKJ3RD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now for my wool sock, I will be using the BPS RedHead Limetime wool sock:  http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Lifetime-Guarantee-AllPurpose-Wool-Socks-for-Men/product/34713/

Now what I need to do research on is a BASE LAYER.  It looks like the BPS shop (their XPS) version looks good.  I am not sure which one to go with..  1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 for shirts and same the pants.  Is anyone using BPS base layers?

Offline DaWakoKid

• IceShanty Rookie
I've always been a fan of Under Armor's cold gear.

Offline waterfowler04

• IceShanty Rookie
In my opinion any cabelas boots or shoes are junk! I've had nothing but problems with them. I have the infernos and don't like them. I have a pair of Irish setters 2000 grams that were pushing $200 3 years ago. They are high quality boots that really keep your feet warm.

Offline torchd

• IceShanty Rookie
I got my boots and bibs today.  Pretty quick seeing as I ordered at 9pm on Tuesday night.

As for my Cabella boots, these things are huge lol.  The mid calf portion of the boot needs to be broken in, it is quite stiff.  Also I ordered a size 12 boot, depending on my shoes I am either an 11 or 12, well i should of gotten a size 13 to begin with.  Tomorrow I will head to a Cabella's store that is ~30 mins away to exchange them.

My bibs fit perfectly.  Just loose enough for me.  They are not digging at the crotch while standing or squatting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.