Author Topic: One time fluke?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
One time fluke?
« on: Jan 22, 2017, 08:20 PM »
I was wondering if my new whitefish hole at Gull was a one time wonder...
It wasn't :)
Had my limit of whites by 10:30 a.m. this time.  They started slower but came in fast and furious later.  All 3 were caught within 15-20 minutes. 

Drove to another part of the lake to fish with cam.  As soon as I dropped the cam down and turned it on, perch were staring back.  Just trying to get setup I hand landed 3 nice perch (keepers).  Shortly after getting setup a nice fat walleye came in and inhaled the jig and minnow.   Turned out to be probably about 5 lbs and fat, fat!   After releasing it, fished for about another 30 minutes and then headed out earlier around 1:30 p.m.   Another great day.

Time to give Gull a rest for a while.  It has been good to me.  Time to find some new water somewhere...   ;D

Offline calgary-john

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: One time fluke?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2017, 11:05 PM »
Great fish!

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Great day on the ice ;D

Good idea to give it a rest for a while.  But as long as that hole is producing you might  want to give it a few more goes.

Nice catch.  Me thinks I know someone who lost his shack that  may be a bit anxious to get back to Gull this season

SHOTGUN

Offline sureshot242

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2017, 02:17 PM »
great pics

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2017, 08:10 PM »
Thanks guys.   

Good idea to give it a rest for a while.  But as long as that hole is producing you might  want to give it a few more goes.

It is always tempting but I've scratched the itch for sure.  I think it is good Karma to leave them be.  2 limits in a row is enough.  Gull sees so much pressure.  I'm firing up the smoker this weekend.  Time to target a different species and different lake. I'll come back for whites before the end of the season....but might target some jumbos yet on either Pigeon or maybe Battle.   

Offline swampy45

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • going for the record books
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2017, 09:33 PM »
Im interested in getting after the big white torpedo's at both lakes too.  Found them at Pigeon last week... and I mean found them.  They were everywhere.  Wouldnt bite ANYTHING.
coffee- do stupid things faster, with more energy.

Offline mapleleafman3

• IceShanty Rookie
  • This fog's as thick as peanut butter!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2017, 03:56 PM »
Beauty. Never fished Gull and that make we want to give it a shot.  :tipup:
Didn't I ever tell you about Bumbles? Bumbles *bounce*!

Offline SNAPFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2017, 03:32 PM »
Im interested in getting after the big white torpedo's at both lakes too.  Found them at Pigeon last week... and I mean found them.  They were everywhere.  Wouldnt bite ANYTHING.

Interesting...
I'm curious, shallow - as in 10 FOW or less, or deep?   We were fishing them in about 25-26 FOW last year.  I haven't heard anyone finding them shallow last year or this year yet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.